News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Water leaks and troubles oh my!

Started by pdxpfeifer, July 01, 2015, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

Yea! I'm a member! Now to pour more money into my clipper - sigh.
We had an expensive amount of "house work done" and they fixed leaks in the water system. The bathroom sink needed new pee trap pipe, and they did some sort of new hoses because the hose work under the sink looks flexible piping and spanky new. The shop did a new fresh water inlet because it was dried out and leaking.

I fixed the drainage leek in the freshwater tank. I did have no problem with leaks, but clipper sat 6 months waiting for new engine (dint get me started about that repair shop)
Oregon weather is mild, and tanks were drained so there should not be any freezing of pipes. Hubby did knock one of the new couplings putting kitchen drawers in wrong order. I fixed that and didn't see any leaks.

We got to camp site and hooked up fresh water.
Water tanks with bleak and ran sinks for 2 min. Before driving 2 hours.

I filled water tanks and steralized and drive two hours let it sit overnight. Hubby hooked up fresh water line and we did not kitchen sink. Just toilet and bathroom. We noticed in morning wet ground and leaking grey tanks. There were soap bubbles in ground. And no sewage smell. Appeared to be only fresh water and leaking from the top of the grey tank under kitchen sink?

We thought we over filled in draining bleach fro water tank. We finished flushing system and filled reserve water tank again. Drove into town. Found water dripping from rear of clipper.

Hubby hooked up water again camp site. A few hours later water dripping. It's under the kitchen sink area. Big pile of water. Does not appeal to be coming from coupling I tightened back from being bumped. But a nice giant pub Le in rear kitchen under the sink area and dripping through that it is dripping out bottom of clipper.a
Suggestions? Anyone have a water pipe diagram layout? Where's leak
Coming from. It's bathroom sink and traveling through pups to grey water tanks?

1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Toedtoes

Did you check the water heater tank and connections? 

P.S. If you use chlorine granules rather than straight bleach, you don't have to do a double rinse. Put in about one teaspoon of granules (for pools and hot tubs), fill, let sit for a couple hours, run water through all faucets till empty. Then refill with fresh water and off you go. :)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

pdxpfeifer

Good advice. I will check that. The water is all over the kitchen area and dripping Down. Could be hot water heater? We have never used it and when flushing tanks I did turn faucets to left to get water into hot water tank (I have no idea what I'm doing with the hit water tank) this RV stuff is new to me.

Toedtoes

I'm not an expert on the tank, but I believe the water automatically fills the hot water tank unless you turn the bypass switch. My suspicion is that you have a leak in that tank or in the lines.

pdxpfeifer

Where's the bypass switch? I have some crazy toggle switch that is silver and does. It look original install to the left of the stove- by the rear door that looks like it maybe goes to a light that has been installed post production?

Toedtoes

The bypass switch should be underneath on the pipes that lead into the hot water tank.  I haven't actually ever seen mine (knock on wood, I haven't had any problems).

The toggle switch sounds like maybe it went to an outside porch light, antennae, or such?  I don't have any toggle switch (or any other type of switch) in that area so it definitely was added on aftermarket.  My clipper has very little alterations done, so it's been a good measure of "factory".