News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Fresh Water Tank Needed

Started by jweathers57, May 31, 2015, 11:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jweathers57

I'm just checking to see if anyone know where to purchase a water tank for the 1976 year kitchen clipper?

My fresh water tank has been leaking forever.  The opening where the water flows in was busted and glued a number of times.  I got the bright  idea (not) to remove the tank, with the help of my daughter, and take it to a plastics welding guy.  He said he could weld it if there were no spider cracks.  We got the tank out and I believe it is not fixable.  I'm going to check for used ones at RV Dr George in Sacramento this week to see if they have something that will work.  Hopefully these don't cost a fortune.

Thanks,
Jill

Clipper Joe

Hi Jill,
Have You Tried E-Bay, They Have A 10 Gallon On It For $37.00 With Free Shipping.
Item # 371106895691  Its FDA Approved Polyethylene Material. You Can Also Check For Larger Sizes From Company.
Hope This Helps & Good Luck,

Let Us Know If You Find One & Share On Web Site/

Joe 
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

jweathers57

Hi Joe,

I found a used tank at The RV Doctor.  It's a 30 gallon :-\ and I paid $50.  It had some of the water lines and sensors still attached. I wasn't sure if I had the ability to add all of this to the new tanks on-line.   

I'm currently sanitizing the tank.  We drink bottled water when we're camping so not to worried about bad bugs if they survive the bleaching.  Do you know if the original tanks were made of fiberglass?   I just thought the plastic was really dried out, but found that my original tank has fiberglass patches on it. 

My daughter and will attempt to install it tomorrow. Wish us luck.  :D

Thank you for your help!

Jill

Clipper Joe

Hi Jill,
Great You Found The Water Tank. ;D
Make Sure You Use Teflon Tape On Threads, And After A Good Bleaching May Want To Flush Real Good Clean Water. I Drain My Tank Regularly And Add 1/2 Tablespoons Of Baking Soda And Fill. Not Afraid To Drain My City Water.

Just Do That And You'll Have Great Clean Water.

I Think Those Patchs You Have May Be A Type Of Plastic Sealant? Those Tanks Were Not Made Of Fiberglass.

Take a Photo When Done, So We Can All See?

Good Luck,

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

jweathers57

It all went back together fairly easily.  I did have to order the right size filler line.  All the fittings seem to be water tight and the sensors work to at least 1/4 full.  I haven't filled the tank all the way up yet. I screwed a block of wood to the floor so the tank won't slide.   

I'm going to fill it up today to see if it is still water tight and all of the sensors work. So far so good.  I tried to attach a picture but kept getting the over the size edit.

Jill