News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Adjustments For Clippers Rear Dual Brakes

Started by Clipper Joe, September 12, 2014, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hi All Clipper Owners,
I have Read Past Posts, On This Issue. It Is Best To Do Manually Adjusting Rear Brakes.

I Installed New Rear Brakes & Spring Hardware A Few Months Back. The Dodge Clippers Have A Self Adjusting Spring Cable System. You Should Just Go In Reverse & Hit Brakes, In Turn Tighten Adjusting Wheel. This Auto Adjust System Does Not Work That Well. I Would Advise You To Jack Up Rear Of Clipper, Add Heavy Duty Jack Stands, Chock Front Tires Securely, & Release Parking Brake & Put Transmission In Neutral Position. Now Rotate Rear Dual Wheels, Check For Free Motion, Then Tighten Remove Dust Rubber Cover From Backing Plate, Turn Adjusting Wheel Till You Feel Light Dragging Sound On Brake Drum. Passenger Side I Think Turn Wheel Up To Tighten, & Driver Side Turn Down To Feel Slight Drag. Remember Do Not Over Tighten Brakes To Drums, Just To A Slight Drag.
Put Dust Covers Back On. Re-Set Parking Brake & Put Transmission Back Into Park Position.
Before You Jack Clipper Down, You Should Re-Check Cables On Parking Brake.

Remember These Clippers Our Very Heavy, 10,000Lbs.+ You Want To Keep Brake To There Optimum Working Condition.

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher