News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Displaying member number on Clipper

Started by Clipperlover10-04, July 30, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipperlover10-04

Hello,

Does anyone display their membership number on their Clipper? Just curious, I've seen other motorhomes with numbers on them. Thanks.

Clipperlover 10-04
(Andrew)
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765

Sfine

I'm wondering what the numbers you see are counting...There is a little plate on the side of our Clipper with a number on it...I always thought it would be the same number I'd receive when I joined ACC, but it's different. I believe it's the factory number that refers to the unit in the order that it was made.  It'd be fun to know for sure....Anyone ...?
The other number from the club must be a member #, in numerical sequence as well.
My guess is both my membership and factory numbers are high. Our clipper was made in the last few years of production, (1979), and I've only been a member just a year.....almost.
I've got 4 digits on my coach plate. not sure at the moment what they are. I think 3K something.?
What's is the lowest number out there...?..  Oldest?   Chime on in old timers, impress us newbies!
How about  you clipper lover..do you fly your #.? Lol
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

I believe most of the club members display an ACOC round decal in the front cabover window.  I have my decal, but haven't displayed it yet.

As far as I know, the member number doesn't play a big part in the club other than to order parts and to identify yourself as a member here on the forum.

Once upon a time, folks used to display the CB channel they preferred on their RVs.   CH13, etc. and maybe their handle.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hi Andrew,

I Have My ACOC # On Right Corner Under Front Bunk Window, That Is Where The Old Owner Had It, Installed Numbers I Got A Lowes, > 3749,
Also I Have A Small Round ACOC Sticker Decal I Got Form Club Rally, On Small Cab Quarter Cab Windows.

Your Clipper To Do What You Like ;D  Two Things I Real Liked  Is ACOC Pres. John Burrows Has An American Flag Decal On His Rear Window, It Is Cool, Have To See It At One Of The Rally's, Also Small Port Window On Entry Door, Made Of Stain Glass, So Cool, To Bad I Was Told, The Person Is No Longer With Us. :(
I'll Try & Post A Few Photo's

One Other Thing, When Awning Goes Bad I Want To Get An 12 Foot American Flag With A Eagle On It, As Awning Material, Have Seen Them Online.

Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Clipperlover10-04

Hey Joe, thanks for your input. I also have a small round ACOC decal in the upper left corner of windshield, was there when I purchased Clipper. I'd like to get an awning because mine didn't have one, I just don't want to drill into fiberglass, I'd like to get one where arms store inside awning case.

Andrew
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765

Clipper Joe

Hi Andrew,

If You Can Make It To One Of The Rally's They Have New Clipper Decals Available.

Our Clipper Had A Awning, When I Bought It. ;D
It Is A 12Foot, A&E Capri II, I Do Not Think They Sell That Model Any Longer. >:(

Our Awning Does Attach, & Bolts In Cabinets, It Is All Enclosed When In Store Position, Can Post A Photo When I Get Home.
To Open, I Unlock & Pull Down Side Arms, They Have 2Ea. Lower Mounting Brackets, Then You Just, Raise & Swing Down  Awning.
My Awning Has A Red. & White Strip Material, When I Ever Change It, I Want To Get An American Flag With A Eagle In Middle, Saw It On-Line, Few Hundred Bucks. :o

There Is A Real Good RV Shop In San Leandro, Ca
Allied Trailer Supply, Ask For Greg He Is Great.

Take Care,

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

caninecaravan

The common practice is to display your ACOC number on the front of your rig under the upper bunk house window on the right hand side looking at the rig from the front. That's where mine is. Caninecaravan
canine caravan ACOC #3552