News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New LED light fixtures

Started by wackyman9183, June 26, 2014, 03:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wackyman9183

Finally replaced all the interior light fixtures with LED's. They are a lot brighter. lol. Yet they don't put out any heat. Which is nice since I'm 6 ft tall the old light were right by my head when i was standing. I'm happy. One step in many more steps of updating and upgrading.

Also, I saved all the original light fixtures if any one wants them. Your welcome to them. If not, i'm just going to toss them out. Let me know. take care everyone!

Clipper Joe

Hi Wackyman,

Those Lights Look Great, In Clipper, I Just Replaced The Bulbs Out On Mine With LED, Already Put On New Fixtures, Pro Dynamics, I Was Able To Install New Ones.

Do You Have Model & Part Numbers For Your New Lights, Can You Post Them & Were  You Bought Them, So Other Clipper Owners May Want To Change Theres Out.

That Will Save On Your 12Vdc Power In The Long Run, I Also Put LED Clearance Lights & Also Added A Porch LED Light & One LED By Entry Step & One LED In Generator Compartment.

I Have Added LED Bulbs On Dodge Side Lights Also. So Most Of Clipper Has All LED's Completely.
Would Like To Get Tail Light But There Is A Problem With Angle On LED's. 1156-1157.

Keep The Posts Coming...  ;)

Joe & Denise
ACOC # 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

wackyman9183

Hi Clipper Joe,

I bought them on Amazon.com. It cost $156.00 to replace all the interior lights.

3x Gold Stars F3528001 LED Dome Light Fixture Single 921 Wedge 150 Lumens 12v Natural White $36.00

5x Gold Stars F3528002 LED Dome Light Fixture Double 921 Wedge 2 X 150 LUM 12v Natural White $120.00

I was going to just replace the bulbs. But as i started looking around. It seemed to be about the same price if not a little cheaper to just replace the whole thing.

Yeah. I'm kind of an LED nut. Eventually all the lights will be replaced with LED's. LoL

On the tail lights I had the same problem. So I actually ordered and replace the tail lights over the weekend. I'll post it in the other forum for you when I can. I've been very busy on my Clipper. I have 3 boys (10, 6, 2) so its been our fun project. Every day when i get home from work. They're on me to do some more work on the Motorhome. LoL

Rd Ready

wackyman9183: thanks for the post want to DO the same to Mine... Can't wait..

Clipper Joe

Hi Guys,
My Sons Live Out Of State, So I Have To Most Of The Work My Self.
It Sure Is Good Wackyman, Spent As Much Time You Will Turn Around & They Will Have There Own RV. Time Goes By So Fast.

It Is A Nice Hobby To Share, Also They Will Learn How To Do There Own Work, When They Get Older..
;D
Thanks For Posting Info, Hope To Get This Info On A Data Base For All Clipper Members To Have A Good Quick Access Review Point. Will Take Sometime, Will Get There. ;)

Have You Guys Come Up With A Name Of Your
'Clippers'. Mine Is Called >> Wilson <<

Seems To Bring You Luck When You Have A Nickname.

Joe
ACOC# 3749

ACOC#3749

wackyman9183

Here are the new tail lights I was talking about. The new LED ones are recessed in a little. So after removing the old tail lights. I had to turn those three wire hole cut outs for the wires into a 4"x 16" rectangular cut out to fit the new lights. Really easy to do with a jigsaw. I found the lights on www.carid.com

Bargman 47-84-103 - 84 / 85 Series Horizontal Mount LED Triple Red Tail Light (With Incandescent Backup and Black Base) $63 each

Well i haven't officially picked a name yet. But my friends have started calling it the "Road Slayer". Its starting to grow on me. What do you think?

Clipper Joe

Hi Wackyman,
It's Great That You Have Up-Loaded Photos Of You Projects On You Clipper, Wish More Clipper Owners Would Do This, It Helps Others Get A Idea On What It Takes To Do. Hats Off ;D
You Should Get Years Of Maintenance Free Service From This Choice Of Rear Lighting.

What Year Is Your Clipper? Also What State Do You Live In?

I Like The Name >> Road Slayer As Long As You Have A Mopar 440 V-8 8).

Good Luck, Have A Safe July 4th,

Joe

ACOC#3749

Rd Ready

Awesome thanks for sharing this,
I was looking all yesterday,  in all the Forum links to no avail ,
I come on tonight And found this right away..
thanks wackyman. by the way, How did you post the Photos I don't no how many times I've tried but can't figure it out..
I have a nikon 3200.. if that helps,
By the way, Can someone put me in touch with the guy (mel   I think )  who runs the Clipper parts store.
that you guys have,  I need to order some vents & widow trim.  and thing's..
Clipper joe. Looking forward to sharing some Photos to of my upgrades..  :o ;D

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
Are You All Settled In Now? How's The Clipper Doing?
You Made A Real Trek Across  The USA, You Were Lucky You Were In One Of The Best RV's Ever Made. If It Wasn't For The Price Of Gas, More Clippers Would Be Wheeling The Highways. ::)
Thats Whey Irv Perch Made Them To Last. ;)
I Know He Is Looking Down On Us Now, & He Would Say, I'm Glad I Made Them The Way I Did, To Last...... ;D ;D

If You PM Toedtoes She May Be Able To Explain The Photo Sizing For Your Camera, The Web Site Will Take A Certain Size Photo, & Its Do To The Server That Host This Site. When It Comes To Photo's She Is The One To Ask.

Remember When You Get The Photo Thing Worked Out, Get Your Clipper Picture In To Toedtoes For 2015 40th Anniversary Calendar, Info On Web Site.

Take Care & Glad You Made A Safe Trip,
Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

To post photos, you must resize them down to no more than 300kb.  How to do this varies depending on your photo software.  A default way is to open the photo in Paint (go to All Programs>Accessories in Windows).  Click Resize (next to the Select icon), click on the Pixels radio button.  You'll see a number in the "Horizontal" field and the "Vertical" field, type 640 over whichever number is the largest.  Make sure that the "Maintain ratio aspect" box is checked.  Then click OK.  Save as and name it whatever you want (if you just hit Save, you will reduce the original photo to an unprintable resolution.

The order form for supplies can be found here: http://www.americanclipperownersclub.com/forms/merchandise.pdf
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Rd Ready

Hi Clipper Joe: Almost all Settled, My Step daddy, Is letting me stay on His Land, He has a R.v hook up in front of His Property with septic and well water, and a Power set up to.. Omg the water is so good. And I have a Pond with big catfish in it and Brim. Woop woop, so digging it here.. God is good. << Webster << is doing real good. But I need to give Him an oil change and And some Tlc, it was a Long Strange Trip, lol.. I don't know if I told you or not, But about Barstow we heard a noise, I couldn't figure out.. Sounded as if a Fanbelt was Slipping, or a bearing needed A good lube.. But seeing as I had triple AAA, I decided to wait and see what happened Cause I don't have Money to just throw at a Mechanic, nor did I have any tool's( I wanted to save my gas ) :)  so I figure on waiting until we got to Vegas,( if it didn't break down by then..) I know stupid. but we made it, and guess what I couldn't find one person to come and look at it, they were booked solid.. Imagine that.. so we Moved on after 5 day's.. I was there for a Martial Art's tournament.. well as I was leaving Vegas I saw a Camping world. I thought alright Score.. Boy was I wrong. They seemed to only care about Customers who were buying new R.V.'s and not a little guy like me.. told me it would me three weeks before I could get mine looked at.. So as I drove around to Kick rock's out of there, I noticed something.. All the Bay's were not full and of course the ones that were Had Brand new R.V's in them.. So I pulled back up to the office, and gave them a new Butt chewing. I said look it's your business and your right to work on what you want, but just so know if you guys would like to increase your profits you might want to Keep at least one Bay open for road service of People  traveling.. Cause I have Heard nothing but good things about you on every R.V site I've been on, so you should know when I go back on those site's your name will be like Poop in Peoples mouth when I'm done telling them about you,, You should take more care to Help someone who is traveling.. you never know when they might have to buy one of your R.V's because theirs is Back out.. Kapish.. then we kept going.. We made it to seligman Ar. and we stopped for gas.. and when I tried to start it it would start but shut itself off right away..  At that point I called AAA.. they towed us to Flagstaff to a Goodyear tire shop right there on route 66.. what a great place.. had us out of there the next morning.. It was a Frozen   Fancluch and a frozen Air Conditioner Compressor. so He found the right belt and bypassed the Compressor. what luck we didn't over heat or worse..I'm Grateful to God And Irv Perch.. yes indeed, He made them to last.. what a Man.. Thanks Clipper Joe Mahaloz !!  8)   

Rd Ready

Toedtoes: thank you for the Breakdown on the Photo scene, I hope I can Figure it out, I'm Technologically Impaired.. lol  and also thank you for the Supply hook up.. Here comes the money.  ;) ::) :'(

Rd Ready

Hey < forgive me for not following Procedure But I wanted to ask , where's my Membership Packet ? And I wanted to try to post a Photo, So here Goes, Keep on Clippering. thanks

Toedtoes

RD - I believe your membership application went through right after the last newsletter was mailed out, so you should receive everything with the next newsletter (in November, I believe).  That process is a bit slow also, which is why I try and get everyone upgraded online as quickly as possible.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Rd Ready

Toedtoes, thank's for the Get back  ;) I was just wondering.. if you could Help me with one more little Problem , I want to Check my Propane hose's and connections before winter, is there a Diagram on them somewhere I could download ? if not could you tell me how many lines there are and if they are all external ?  :o or internal, I haven't looked at All yet to be honest with you, its still to Hot here and I have been dealing with other thing's, but we are due to get some cooler weather soon. and I have a ton of things on my to do List. that being one of them..i would like to get Him (Webster ) in shape so I can come out to Calif in April Hopefully you guys might have a Rally around then..  8), by the way Webster is still in good shape, He will be in better shape when I can get on the roof to clean &  wax ..oh and what about the trim, is there replacement trim, Mine is coming of in some spot's, would love to repair that to.. along with the Stress crack's in the Fiberglass, Andy idea's on how to do that? sorry for all the question's .. Also I ordered and received the new light fixtures Wackyman Posted about, I haven't put them in yet, waiting for the weather to change so that when I'm stuck inside I'll have something to do..  ;D any way Happy clipping, Loving life Here but I am anxious to Hit the road again already.  Peace.  ::)