News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Dump valve leaks!

Started by Clipperlover10-04, September 30, 2013, 03:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipperlover10-04

The inside recessed dump valve (black water) on my clipper leaks. Its not a fast leak, I think the handle might not be tight enough or something. Is it supposed to screw in and look like the outside handle when closed all the way? I also read that there are seals that might be bad. Thanks for any advice
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765

Clipper Joe

Hello Clipper10-04,

There is A Link Option On This Web Site.

The Company That Sells Replacement Parts For These Valve Are:
Dupree Products,

Suite 346, 2315 Whirlpool Street,

Niagara Falls, NY 14305

Telephone:      General Calls:     (716) 220-1267

Orders ONLY:      (888) 668-4288

The Guys Name Is Randy Tell Him That You Are A ACOC Member & He Will Help You Out.

I Bought 2Ea Complete Handle & Seal Kit. Once I Got Old Ones Out I Repair Old Ones With New Seals Only & Lubed. They Have The Best Service.

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

caninecaravan

The National sells a complete set of dump valves both for the old style and for $75.00 you can get a new set which allow you to dump the tanks from the edge and not have to crawl underneath to dump the black tank. Best investment I made especially if the ground is muddy, wet or cold. Should be available at the next national rally this month from Clip Jr. CanineCaravan
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Clipper Joe

Hi Cainecaravan,
I Have a 1977 Dodge Rear Kitchen,
The New Valves that are sold Through National Club.
Do you have To Cut into the ABS Piping or are They the Auto Valve Type?

Have you installed these on your unit?
Can you Upload a Few Photos of Yours?
I'm having A hard time on How you Get to inside Valve without Relocating it.

I have just Bought the Handle & Seal unit From Dupree I just Take Off 2 ea Screws from top of Handle & Remove, Install New Ones from Less than 15 Min. Job.

Joe
ACOC#3749

caninecaravan

You have to cut out the old valves to install the new ones. They will be available at the National Rally this month. I didn't do it as I have a guy who does all my body and engine work. I'm not handy other than to write checks.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Clipper Joe

Hello Clipperlover 10-04 & Cainecaravan,

Hello Larry, I Would Like To See A Photo Of Your Set-up. I Figured, You Would Have To Modify 3" Piping For The Inside Valve, To Make It Access A Little Easier.

With The Dupree Kit, You Only Have To Remove 2 Small Screws From Top Of Valve Body & Pull off Valve Handle Lock & Seals In One Part. It Only Takes 5-10 Minutes To Replace. The Price Is About $45.00 Ea. & You Can Get 4ea. 3" New Seals. And Rebuild Old Ones For Next Replacement.

I Feel This Is The Way To Go, I Have Found That It Works Great. ;)

Joe
ACOC#3749

Mac

Go down to your RV store & buy a new valve assembly that slips on where the cap is. This gives you 3 valves now so if you have leak by like I do and a surprise every time you take the cap off well, now you won't. I think I paid $33 bucks for it. Beats getting under it & cutting poop pipes and stuff.

Clipper Joe

Hi Mac,

If You Buy The Parts From Dupree, Randy Sells Just The Valve Assembly Less Housings It Manual Handle.  Cost Ea $26.60  + Shipping
Phone 716 220-1267

Product Code # 11000-071

Takes About 10-15 Minutes To Install, You Twist Valve Handle Open It (Pull Outwards)  Take Off 2ea. Screws From Top Of Body Pull Handle & Seals Come With It. Wipe, Install New Unit Put Screws Back In.

Thats It......   No More Leaks You Do Not Have To Modify Anything, It Is A Replacement For  Orig. Valve On Clipper>>  Very Easy..

I Have Installed Them & I'm Very Happy With Outcome..  :)

Joe
ACOC#3749