News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

HORST

Started by John Eversoll, September 27, 2010, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Well, I bet this caught your eye!!!!!

I just wanted to say that you sound like a very interesting individual

Hopefully the wife and I can Meet up with you someday.. You have been a very big help

to me and I thank you very much..

Well excuse me, I have to go out and modify this air cleaner for Pre smog.....

Later Gater

Horst

thanks for the kind words john - as soon as I dig myself out of my financial mess - I may take some real Clipper trips and come up to Oregon - my dad lives there
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Well there is no rush, we will have enough room..  John

USNRetired

Or, if you don't want to develope dishpan body, come on down to Sunny Oceanside ... where it never rains.  Right?  uh... well, most never rains except for the past week or so....  ???  Sure has the Weather Guessers jumping through all kinds of hoops - I'm lovin' it!

BTW, I grew up in Portland - probably the wetest part of the Liquid Sunshine State.  At least I'm not in the Seattle or Puget Sound Area!!!  They send out alerts when sucker holes form and then sun shines through!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

EUUUUUUUUKKKK

The peuckrid sound>.....

Did six months there with the CG...

Plenty of funny stories there. :)

retrorob

OK guys, I just thought I'd put my two cents in. First off, born and raised here in the Puget sound and it makes me chuckle when I here others talk about the Seattle area. I will be the first to say that by the time February rolls around and we are into our third month of overcast it gets a bit dreary but the pay off in spring are worth it. Its the price we pay to live in the evergreen state. Being at the foot of the Cascade mountains to the east, the sound and Olympic mountains and pacific ocean to the west its a outdoorsmans paradise. I can travel 60 miles in any direction and be in a lush forest with lakes, streams, or salt water just screaming to be fished. Ya, our sunny days are limited but I wouldn't live anywhere else. Hell, why do think I bought a clipper? They're pretty much water tight!
The first thing anybody from western Washington (people from eastern Washington call us "Mossbacks") will tell you is about the rain. Its a gigantic conspiracy designed to discourage people from moving here. We don't want this to turn into a paradise lost like the urban hell that California has become. We have mild winters, temperate summers and honest to god real trees everywhere.
So anyway, just thought I give you a heads up on the reality of living here but please don't tell anybody else, there is too many people moving here as it is.

LOL,
Rob

John Eversoll

Hi  rob,  don't worrie--- I wont tell anyone about your state!!!!

I just have very bad memories  of Washington... Just moving to Oregon is too close

But I can bare that!!!

!!

USNRetired

Sorry it took so long for me to respond.  I grew up in Portland and made a trip or two to Puget Sound - Whidbey Island are surrounding areas..... 

I do miss the green!  Every now and then I have to head north when I start thinking it's getting green down here to readust myself and get my "green"
back in perspective.  hahahah....  Buttttttt, it's been a long time since I suffered from dishpan body and am reallly happy I decided to stay down here.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)