News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Any Rallys?

Started by Rick Schoenborn, May 11, 2010, 03:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Schoenborn

Anybody home?  Doesn't seem to be much activity here anymore.  Got my rig cleaned, serviced and ready to roll.  Just wondering if there are any rallys scheduled.  I'm in Sacramento but heading to Oregon at the end of the month..Rick ::).

mccammonds

If yor heading up I-5 yell at me when you come through Orland.  We'll go have a cup.   530-228-5777
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

hastm

Hi:
Strange that you should mention. There is an ACOC National Ralleye at French Camp RV Park in Manteca, CA this weekend. Clip Jr (parts trailer) will be there. It is at the intersection of 99 and French Camp Road. Drop by if you are in the neighborhood.
There is a National Group that you can join. The newsletter regarding this ralleye was in the quarterly newsletter.
Membership is down but we are still there. Between the National and local Clipper group there are rallys every month. Most are in Northern California.
One of the people on this site "caninecaravan" is our membership chairman.
Regards.. Mike    Clipper #787     ph 408 482-3045 (cell)

Rick Schoenborn

Thanks for the replies...Question..I have a Deep cycle RV/Marine 24VDC battery that I'm thining of using for the coach.  Is this the right one to use?  What was there before was an everstart starting battery that I put in the cab for starting purposes.

hastm

You asked about batteries.

A marine battery is "good" but 24 VDC is "bad".

The coach battery needs a 12 VDC deep cycle battery. Probably a group 27 which is physically bigger and lasts longer or a group 24 which is standard size. This battery is good when there is a long load cycle such as running lights etc. for several hours.

The standard car battery is meant for high current when starting the car.

Ther is much more to this subject but this is the perverbial "two cents worth".

Mike Hastings  #787

Rick Schoenborn

I'm assuming the battery is 24 volts as it says 24DC in the group code box on the label, but is only reading about 10 volts on my voltmeter.

mccammonds

If your going to buy new batteries you might consider doing some research on getting two 6 volt deep cycle batteries.  I've been a full time RVer for many years and have a full system with solar panels that allows me to dry camp with out needing any electrical hook up. For many years I used Trojan L-16 batteries.   They were too big for the Clipper so I down sized to the next size shorter.  Having enough power to run the wife's hair dryer make for a happy camper!!
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED