News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Cruise Control

Started by mccammonds, October 17, 2009, 08:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

Does any one out there know where I can come up with a cruise control module for my rig.  (1975 360cc)  How about a place to get mine rebuilt.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

Hey there Mac, I might know of a place.  But I can't find out till Monday!!!!  Even though I am almost posative this place will do it.
Rebuild!!! :)John

JerryT

Hi Mac
I have not found a C.C. rebuilder. With all the Mopar restoration going on I would think someone would be doing it. We'll see if John E has any luck this week.
JerryT

Hank Jourdin

HI MACCAMMONDS,   FOR ALL YOUR CRUISE CONTROL AND GAUGE PROBLEMS  GOGGLE UNITED SPEEDOMETER THERE IN RIVERSIDE CALIF. BEEN THERE FOR EVER AND VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO GOOD LUCK HANK

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry, The guy I was going to send to to Died last saturday.

I guess the cops found him on the floor of his shop.

Damn, what a way to go----- At work! Well, ya know that place is going to be Haunted!!!

There is another shop in Huntington Beach Ca. and I can call them tomorrow

Then again there is as Hank says "united spedo in riverside Ca"
I will check the other shop out tomorrow!! John  :)

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry, I talked to a guyt this morning about the cruise control and the moduel

He told me that there is a guy in" Florida" that rebuilds them thar thins< thats what he said" He couldn't remembber the namer but they is in da wwht mail on tha
computer"   I could tell his guy graduated from the 5th grade"   God help us all!!!
I am not giving up, I am Danish and will die before I give up!  John

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry, I just fot off the phone with a guy That has done lots of work for me and he wants me to call him back tomorrow morning.

The na,me of the place is First Class Auto repair  714 533 7110

Nowq I will call and see if they can rebuildthem or send me to a place that can.  But The info that I just recieved sounded very promissing...
" ' But let's not hold our breath just incase...."
JohnOh Yea, he was asking me for some numbers on the moduel!!!
If ya got them handy send them off to me so I can give them to him tomorrow morning.  Later gater...  My wife likes the pic of your home!!!! :)John

Horst

My cruise control is toast - and years ago I got a quote somewhere that made me choke a bit to fix it.
Also - I have heard that rather than save gas - cruise controls actually waste gas on old carburated rigs like ours - that could be baloney - but I heard it from two different old time motorheads.

Once, when going through the desert, I fashioned my own "cruise control" with half a brick and piece of wood - worked great.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

caninecaravan

Contact Monkeys RV in Manteca, california. They got me an after market cruise control that mounts on the dash by the left side. Works like a champ and they installed it but I am sure you could do it yourself. Cost about $150.00 for the unit. I drive with cruise control at 55 when we are out and the gas milage is 8+ to a gallon on the 440. Try it.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry,

You might have to go with "Monkeys"

I have hit a dry hole...

Everyone has been telling me to get an after Market.

You would think that Someone would start rebuilding these old things!!!

There has to be a market for them!!!  Look at Us...... We need them,  right....

I mean I just had the origional electric clock rebuilt for my 71 Chevelle SS

wasn't cheep but the clock works now!!!   Sorry I let ya down!!!!

John

John Eversoll

Hey there mmcammonds, Did you evercome up with a replacment
I have looked everywhere that I can think of and came up dry....
I am very sorry, but I did the best tht I could.  Now that would be a good business
to start in a garage....

If anyone needs an instrament cluster"    I have ONE"    $40..and I will pay to ship it to ya.

These are getting rare!!!   Color is green....

John :)

mccammonds

NO!, 
I got a good trouble shooting guide of the forum and will try it when we get in the desert next month. 
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

caninecaravan

Somebody at the national rally reported that they took the clipper to one of the places that handles repairs to the speedometer cable etc and they fixed it. worth a try.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

JerryT

Hi All
I want to share my thoughts on the CC issue.
1st  I have found no one to rebuild them.
2nd I have watched Ebay and seen them sell for $100+ with no guarantee!
3rd I have put two good? used ones on mine, adjusted them, but they have trouble holding a constant speed and will cut out as if overworked.
4th I want/like to drive with cruise control

I have decided that I am going to buy an aftermarket unit, non vacuum all electric type and re-fit it to my 78 440 clipper. I have chosen the Rostra 250-1223 Universal Electronic Cruise/Speed Control. It can be made to work with the factory Dodge CC turn signal/switch. Other Motorhome owners report that they work well with a larger rig and the vacuum ones do not. I am hoping to adapt it to use the Dodge carburetor pull cable so as to keep it easy.
I need to learn if the new unit needs to be kept high and dry or can be mounted as the stock unit. The all electric units need a speed input which can be handled by a signal generator that goes inline on the speedo cable, I already have one for my overdrive so I think I can get a clean signal from it if I use a diode.

This will be an end of winter project for me so I hope to have it done by April/May.
I will take pics and post what I learn, and as always, if you have any thoughts or ideas/info please post them.

JerryT

John Eversoll

Hey there stud, about the Cruise control.....

I went to Camping world today and asked about this question.

Camping world has them and they can even install them.

Or for the do it your selfers out there in dry camp land  You can indeed purches a cruise control and have it shipped to your door.

" Myself I would just pay and have it installed. Why mess with a head ache

So there ya go folks!  The answer to every mans question other than where is he Remote

Where can I get  Cruise Control"

Hope this helps some of you........... :) :)John