News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Latest Clipper Spotting:

Started by prophetdaniel2, October 15, 2009, 11:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

I Spotted a Clipper Cruising into Anchorage @ about 4:30pm on 10/10/09. Dodge Model, Trying to be incognito as he/she had no "American Clipper" decals front or rear. Brown stripe on cab, but don't recall seeing one on the coach, possible new gel coat sometime? it was definitely cool vanilla.
     I think its cool who many there are her in the Great Land. If each one is unique, that makes around 8 I have seen in the anchorage bowl. There is one that is cruising Wasilla that may be the one I saw in Anchor town, but who knows, one day Ill see'em parked and go make a fool of myself I am sure.

See any lately?
-D

JerryT

D
When we get to Alaska (someday) I'll let you spot us and buy us a beer! ;D
JerryT

prophetdaniel2

JerryT

Murphy's Irish stout, if you got it! ;)
JerryT

prophetdaniel2

Murphys? No problemo ;)

I'll be here tonight:

My wife got us tickets for our 9th anniversary. I was trying to get Bessie up and running for this event, but, alas, it is not to be :'(
Cheers
-D

JerryT

Now that's cool! Beer money profits for education expansion at the state fair level 8) I would need to not drive home after going to that, maybe you could just have your Clipper towed over and back ::) Well have about 9 or 10 for me (3oz)
JerryT
P.S.  !!!HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
-------------ENJOY------------

prophetdaniel2

Okay, That was fun! ;D
    I "sampled" about 30 (not necessarily different) 3 oz beers, tasted about 40. My wife is an extreme light weight, plus this was her gift to me, so I drank most of her tickets worth. Got two nice "Alaskan" brand sample glasses out of the deal. It would have been cooler to have Bessie on hand to crash in overnight in the p-lot, but it isn't that far from home and the youngest isn't quite "separated" yet, so over-nighters aren't quite feasible.
     Our top two favorite samples were Rogue Double dead guy ale, and Glacier Brew house IPA.
     Last call came way too quickly though.
Bottoms up!
-D
p.s. I don't really go in for the heavy drinking anymore, I just enjoy fine craftsmanship. ;)

John Eversoll

Hey Pd2, how are you....

Just wondered if you got that product I told you about...

Bars Leak....

John... :)

prophetdaniel2

Hey John,
     Not yet. I am not sure if Bars Leak is available here yet, but its on the top of my list. my rig isnt even put back together yet as I have been a bit busy lately. Ill let ya know as soon as I know. Hope yer feelin well without too much pharmaceutical assistance ;)
-D

John Eversoll

Yea sure, Just let me know.... I will ship ya a bottle.

I watched a demonstration at a swapmeet about fifteen years ago

maybe longer, and this guy actually took a hammer and hit the radiator with it. Leaking everywhere.. He put in this bottle of Bars leak and let the motor run and the radiator stopped leaking!!!!!
I carry a bottle in the rig just incase...
Any way thanks for the reply.  The Auto   Parts stoe that I go to is on line ,

and you can order from them!!  Topsauto.com"  I think that is it or I will double check tomorrow..  :) John

prophetdaniel2

Saw a good one today! Probably the best I have seen yet! (in person) While yard-sailing (hehe ;)) after running some errands I cruised by Knik tire and auto. I noticed a familiar roof line, but was thrown off by the unusual (yet beautiful :-*) teal stripes....as I got closer I realized that someone had done a great job working on this Rig. ALL the chrome was shiny. Not a spot of damage to be seen. New roof vent covers. carpet on the dash board. Alaska tags that read : 1 Room. but the AC decal was what made me turn around for the pics:

Horst

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

prophetdaniel2

Okay, A few days ago I was on my way to check out a used Ford passenger van (Quigley modified of course) ::) when I passed by a roadside campground that had a clipper camping out. I only got a quick glance and also I figured that it would Be Maxcamper chillin in his recently repaired rig.....But It wasn't!, Max is in Palmer and Commented that there must be an Alaskan Importer.....I am inclined to agree!
     I didn't get a chance to stop by and say howdy, Alaskans like their privacy and I for one don't like invading others.
TTFN.

P.S. weather was nice yesterday so the wife, kids and I headed to Palmer ourselves (after I installed a start switch to defeat my broken  starter relay :-\) we went to the Matanuska River campground. It was mobbed but has a large playground for the kids. We later moved to one of the camp spots near the river. The spot stunk like rotten fish and was plagued by insects. We stayed long enough to hike to the river and back, make and eat diner and smores, then headed home...Woke up this morning to torrential rain :o

John Eversoll

Boy it sounds as you guys had some fun!!!!!

Wish I was out there too..  Soon enough though..

Having a friend come over this week to help me finish this rig..

Take care Dan!!!!

John