News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

EGADS!

Started by prophetdaniel2, August 18, 2009, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

Maxcampers rig is getting a heart transplant! I don't suppose you are sleeping in there are you Bill? -D

yeah... that's a Geodesic dome car sales place in the background......Groovy baby!

John Eversoll

I knew I should have taken the motor out the front way!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooo I had to be stupid and tear it apart  and take it out thru the door...

More work than I wanted
John E. ???

prophetdaniel2

YOU DID WHAT! :o

That must have been nearly impossible, nice work! ;)

John Eversoll

Yup, I tore the motor down and took it through the  passenger door

it was not easy!!!Ya know while I was sitting here I started to play with the buttons and guess I did something I probably shouldn't have done????There I changed it back....My daughter4 hates it when I play with my computer!!!
We got her a lap top a few years ago and she spends more time on mine than she does on hers...
Any way back at the ranch..Motor is ready to drop back in but have to wait for the trans to get rebuilt.  then I can see No body will be around to help me, just like the day we pulled the motor.
four guys told me yea, I'll be over---Yeeea. sure. Oh well, my daughter learned alot.
Having fun in the sun.  JohnE. :)

prophetdaniel2

plan a Bbq around lunch time, invite your man friends, promise free beer, and DONT mention the engine!
till they get there ;)

John Eversoll

I tried that with the Chevelle SS ,,, only one guy showed up out of 207 that come to the meetings every month...
They know me too well I guess... But they do show up when we have a BBQ.  We have about 150 show up at the last one... Parking got to be a joke..
Neighbors called the cops "no place to park."
The noise of the engines yada yada yada......
All the burgers you can eat and cokes to drink or ice tea.
I have never asked for a cent from anyone that shows up, I just ask them to have a good time.
Well, on that note I better get to bed, been up for 28 hours straight, daughter was in an accident
on her way home from collage yesterday. She took her moms car the Vw the tow car and was
hit head on by a RED light running commy Vietnamese lady that told the cops that she was LOST!!!!
They got the accident on video camera "YEA!!"  But the poor little Vw is sad to look at..
At least she did have insurance!!! another plus..   Daughter is very bruised and sore but she is just as tuff as her Dad.  I am the guy that sets his own broken fingers.... You guys have a great night!!!! John E.

prophetdaniel2

Sorry to hear about your daughters accident, but releived she will be okay. I hope she has a speedy recovery. :)

John Eversoll

Thank you so very much PD2,,  I think that she will recover just fine.

As far as the Poor Vw, well I think the jury is going to be out on that one for a while.

She is supposed to start her Poliece Academy in six months I just hope that her back will heal in that time.

Later Gater!! John E. :)

JerryT

Hi John
Glad your girl is ok. You seem to have had your share of bad luck lately. Maybe it's over now :)
JerryT

John Eversoll

OH GOD I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!  It makes one kinda nervous in wanting to light the furnus.....If ya know what I mean.......
John E. 

Then again, as a friend of mine always says " If it weren't for bad Luck I'd have no Luck at all" :o

JerryT

I spotted a Dodge van at a repair shop with the engine out from the front, going to stop and take a closer look at it as I have never done that.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry, I tore the 440 down that was in our rig and did manage to take it through the door........

I probably should have taken it through the front.  Let me know what you find out.. I will be interested

in the out come..  John :)

JerryT

mccammonds

When we replaced the timing chain on my 360 I took everything off the front.  Didn't take too long.  After the front grill and such is off it would be easy to stick a cherry picker in there and hoist out the engine.  Hope I never have to do it.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

JerryT

Same here!
When I painted mine I left the front bumper on as it looked "no fun" to take off let alone all that other stuff.
JerryT