News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Good Sam

Started by John Eversoll, August 10, 2009, 02:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hey there in Clipper Land,   Happy Monday!!!

Anyone else out there a Good Sam Member...

I was just wondering if the extras they say like towing or road assistance is really true.

I never have had to use them but I do have AAA and have used them alot.
John

mccammonds

Having belonged to both Good Sam and the Escapee RV Club I would recommend by far the Escapee RV Club.    We are Lifetime members of the  SKP bunch as we commonly refer to it as.  Check out the SKP (Special, Kind, of People)  on the internet.  You can Google their site.  They also have a very good forum.

As far as Emergency Road side service.  You  would have to go a long way to find anything better than AAA.   If you have the AAA premium road service it will take care of anything that might come up with your rig.  We unfortunately had to use our AAA service last winter in Bakersfield.  The Tow truck driver commented after confirming our towing package with AAA that we had the best coverage we could get anywhere.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Horst

We have taken 130+ trips in our Clipper - and only broke down once - in 105+ degree heat just two miles from our destination (Manteca Waterslides - they closed several years ago)
I called Good Sam...........they said a truck was on the way..............1.5 hours later and a few more calls...still a no show.......I'm pissed at this point - my kids were young and it was hot as hell.

Luckily, even though I am an electrical dunce - I slowly diagnosed it has a failing/dying coil (it got too hot - after it finally cooled off enough, I limped into the campground.) The ONE extra part I didn't have was a spare coil - rode my bike to the parts store - replaced - and all was well.
I carry a spare coil all the time now.
Good Sam?? Never did show or call me back..............your mileage may vary..........
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Well, that is really nice to know!! While on our way back from WoodChuck years ago we had a blow out.  I called Trip AAA and they sai d a truck will be out in 30 minuets.
2 hours later The wife and I replaced the tire our selfs.  My wife straiined her back in getting the tire from the bottom of the rig" ouch"
I got the spare tire on and down the road we went.
The next day was Monday and I walked into the AAA.  Then told of our Plite.  The towing service that was called to assist us,  Lost their contract with AAA because they neever showed up.
So, It does help when you pay fopr something and not recieve what you pay for -- Bitch about it"
You should get your satisfaction....
I think I will Keep AAA//  John

caninecaravan

I have both Good Sam and AAA. I prefer to use Good Sam because every time I have called, the dispatcher says they will have somebody there within a time frame and they show up. Never had a problem with service. With AAA they have a limited number of service calls during a set period usually 5 during a year and if you exceed that, you then get a nasty letter saying get your problem fixed. Had it with my daughters car and her mother and I traded cards so that the same number didn't show up. Otherwise, it is a tossup as for service.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

prophetdaniel2

Do either AAA or Good Sam work in/through Canada?

John Eversoll

VERY GOOOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dan, I will find out just for you tomorrow
a friend of mine works at Trip AAA... John