News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Leaking Ceiling vent

Started by clockwork, April 16, 2009, 07:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

Poor Man's "Duck Pond" repair

OK - so I have a few low spots on my roof - but I like to keep my rig parked level, because I use it on my property year round as guest quarters, man cave, get away from wife/kids, hang with the dudes, etc.
But water pools in two spots when it rains. Tried different solutions over the years, and then stumbled on
to this simple fix:
Get an 8 to 10 foot piece of soft clear 1/4 inch (or even 1/8) drip irrigation hose from Home Depot (the clear soft kind). Cut the end you'll  place on the roof at a steep angle (30 to 45 degrees). Place the hose in the middle of your "low spot" and put a block of wood on it to keep it in place (but not too heavy as to crush the hose) Run the hose over the edge of you clipper, and be sure that at least 5 feet of hose is hanging off the edge of the Clipper roof.
Once it rains and the water starts to pool, simply suck briefly on the end hanging off the Clipper (kind of like siphoning gas) and gravity will do the rest.
Here's the neat part though - and this works many times - why I don't know" When it stops raining the siphoning action will eventually pull off almost all the water, but leave some in the line. The when it rains again later, the siphoning action starts up again on its own.
Now if it doesn't rain again for a few days, then you have to initiate the siphoning on your own again.I I have two such hoses on my roof, and my roof had no water on it all season, parked level, outside. It's a comforting feeling knowing that you don'l have gallons and gallons of water just clinging to your vents or AC I tell you.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Horst
Your a genius! Now I have more thinking to do! Thanks!
JerryT
P.S.-- You should get another star! ;)

John Eversoll

You are Not the only Clipper keeper west of the Rockies, Orange county Ca.
Anaheim to be exact.I repainted the stripes about five years ago and the only one that hasn't faded is the
Red.  Don't know why but the brown was the first to go..
John