News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

couch slide out

Started by JerryT, January 04, 2008, 04:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Here are some pics of my couch bottom slide out. It works great! I can now lay down or sleep on it. The slides are Accuride and are used to hide the doors on a TV entertainment center ( open then slide back out of view) I bought them at the RV surplus store for $5 a pair and I used two pair, the best $10 I have spent so far!
JerryT

clockwork

Let's see if I can upload a pic.

clockwork

Jerry;

I didn't get an error message, but could not upload a photo as well.
I hope this is fixed as I am anxious to see your pull out mod.

I use picassa- what flavor web pic hosting do you use?

dave

JerryT

Dave
I don't know, we have Apple/Mac's with I-photo and the Clipper web site allowes/allowed :D me to attach my pics to the post by clicking on the light blue ADDITIONAL OPTIONS link just below this typing window and to the left.
The slide allows me to push the bottom back to the wall for more isle room or pull it out 5 1/2" beyond stock for a total travel of 7", YMMV if you mount it different than I did :) The Accurides are made of thick strong metal and only 3/8"? thick. Sometimes when I lay on the couch I face the front so I don't have to watch the wife cook and clean ::)
JerryT

Shayne

Try the attachments again, I think I got it fixed.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

JerryT

It Works, Thanks Shayne!
Here are some more pics
Jerryt

JerryT

Here is a pic (#1) of the second rear Accuride bolted in looking up and left in the generator/storage bin. #2 is of the folding table that I carry, it is mounted up and right in the storage bin, the one and two bolt sets are inside the hollow of the table and the table uses unused area in the bin, a win/win. Pic 3&4 are action shots of Brad, a highschool buddy I conned/paying to help me paint the rig.
JerryT

clockwork

Jerry;
Great work!- 2 questions: does your couch still function as a jackknife bed, and do you and your buddie hire out for Clip paint  jobs(!).
Seriously though- are you sticking with the original paint scheme on the cab?
I've done (some) rattle can resto and I'm considering ditching the contrasting brown and orange on the cab.
Anxious to see pics of the finished product!
I can't even wash my Clip!

dave

JerryT

Thanks Dave!
The couch can now be used as a single bed by pulling out the bottom, or the flip over jack knife goucho Dbl bed. Raising the bottom up 3/8" actually made the two parts fit better on my coach. The Accuride slides have some built in resistance so the bottom stays where you put it, but you can slide it back in with the side of your leg. We keep it tucked back to the wall for siting. I was supprised that an extra 1 1/2" in the isle would be noticable but it is, great for passing by, makes the coach feel wider.
The colors, what can I say, I have been painting cars and things (amature) since 1974 (highschool) The first RV I painted was an old Shasta TT complete with the little wings. I did it as a favor for a guy at work. He picked the color from a 1959 GM color swatch, we bought it in Dupont Dulux enamel (cheap) and sprayed it on. It was called  autum harvest something or other, the color was a cross between orange and pink and I got a lot of teasing at school afterward :D
So going forward with that trauma still etched in my memory, I am undecided to as the paint and stripe. I thought I would blend the new with the old i.e. Chrysler off white Cool Vanilla (2005) with a metalic mahogany brown (1982 chrysler) and a metalic burnt orange (2006 Dodge go man go)  When they mix the brown and orange I would have them put in coarse metalic in place of the fine for more glitter. Now my wife Roxann ia a graphic designer and hates the 70's brown and orange combo's (been there done that x1000) I like straight stripes, not the swoopy ones of late, she likes artistic flair but this coach is straight lines, almost too many to go crazy. It is winter up here and now all the Cool Vanilla cars look extra dirty with the salt and dirt spray on them, so I am loosing my love for the color and am leaning for stock white :(
Dave, get your Clipper up here so I can try out my colors on yours first :o
JerryT