News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

some questions

Started by Sandy, June 09, 2006, 05:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

HI all! Fellow clipper owener here...I've been lurking and reading and looking at pics and realize...I've got some cleanin up to do around "Harvey the RV"  I thought mine looked good...but my goodness...there are some good lookin clippers around!  I have few questions and hopefully I can get some help...Thanks in advance...

1) How do you guys level your Clipper?  We camp at a lake...no flat pads for us.  :lol:  We tryed to get jacks put under Harvey...but it couldn't be done...right now..what I do is us a floor jack...then put stands underneath..it works OK...but is there an easier way?  I just hate crawling around on the hot ground in July in Arizona.  I've been thinking of using boards and just driving up on those....Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2) This is kinda a biggy.  We get ALOT of engine heat from the doghouse.  I'm going to Dynamat the houseing (unless someone else here comes up with a better idea!)  but we are also missing the gasket thats between the bottom of the doghouse, and the floorboard.  Again, in Arizona, this makes for a very uncomfortable drive.  We have taken Harvey to two different RV places and they claim they can't find the gasket....any help here would also be very appreciated.  also...
on our last trip...I noticed a vent at the feet of the passenger side of the coach...and alot of engine heat coming in from there...can I block that..or is that needed for venting the engine.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Sandy

Rodney

boards are how I level the home when needed.
I was able to buy some parts for my dog house from the local Dodge dealer- got the clamps and bolts for it. you may try them for the seal and let us know if it is still avaliable.
these cabs are hard to keep cool when you are only a few inches from the exhaust manifolds. see if there are any heat sheilds fastened on the inside of the dog house area from the floor and they go up a little above the floor if I recall. when I installed my doug thorly headers I really think it help the heat problem under there getting that cast iron off the engine.
the vent in the kick panel area should only be getting air from the plenium chamber the intake is below the widsheild in the cowel. you might look a little closer to see if there are any holes in the fire wall in that area which may be blowiing air in there from under the hood. All needs to be sealed very well as the cooling fan blows that hot air every where including into the cab if there is a leak or hole as yoy have aleady found with the dog house leak.
hope this helps :wink:

sandy

Rodney,
Thanks for your response.  Sorry it took so long to reply, but I wanted to try out the boards for leveling "Harvey". So we went camping last Weds, Thurs, Fri....Worked like a CHARM!!! So much easier...( I suppose at this point...I just admit...when I got the tires up on the boards on the first try... I was so thrillled, I forgot to put Harvey in Park...DOH....she rolled right off  :oops:   LOL...my bad...oh well!)

As far as the heat off the doghouse...I need to find a gasket....everything else looks fine to me....Since my husband does the driving...what we do to keep his legs cool while we drive is keep a wet towel on his legs...it works till we find the gasket...LOL simple evaperation helps...We also traveled to the lake VERY early in the morning, and came home VERY late in the evening... helps with the Arizona heat not to be driving under the blazing sun.

Thanks again for your response,
Sandy

susan-y

How do you guys level your Clipper? We camp at a lake...no flat pads for us
I'm with Rodney.  Have used boards for years.  Everytime I would get atop the boards I would immediately slam on the emergency brake and then put it in park, my rigs have a tendency to roll somewhat when put into park.

As far as the heat off the doghouse
Even with the gasket, I had incredible heat in the cockpit.  I used "The Insulator" thermal acoustic insulation, dualside foil.  A package contained one 4' x 6' sheet.  I followed instructions to line the interior of the doghouse .  Used spray adhesive and tape to seal seams.  A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!!

My folks have used wet towels to handle truely hot situations... guess I'm spoiled :roll: