News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New to us clipper

Started by brianthelion02, February 09, 2006, 08:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianthelion02

Just bought a 76 21 ft party model edition clipper in fair shape,now the fun begins!!!!! :D

brianthelion02

After many $ in repairs we are headed out for our first desert camping trip this weekend!!!!!First off the alternator wasnt charging,by the time i dug down to it i decided to replace everything in sight including timing chain,water pump,power steering pump,a/c pump,and all belts and hoses.Also had the radiator rodded out and redid all the exhaust.Also checked all brakes and packed wheel bearings and new tires being installed tomorrow!!!!!!This clipper has found a home :lol:

quote="brianthelion02"]Just bought a 76 21 ft party model edition clipper in fair shape,now the fun begins!!!!! :D[/quote]

brianthelion02

After many $ in repairs we are headed out for our first desert camping trip this weekend!!!!!First off the alternator wasnt charging,by the time i dug down to it i decided to replace everything in sight including timing chain,water pump,power steering pump,a/c pump,and all belts and hoses.Also had the radiator rodded out and redid all the exhaust.Also checked all brakes and packed wheel bearings and new tires being installed tomorrow!!!!!!This clipper has found a home :lol:

quote="brianthelion02"]Just bought a 76 21 ft party model edition clipper in fair shape,now the fun begins!!!!! :D[/quote]

Rodney

Welcome Brian to the Clipper website and the family.
your are a wise person to do the repairs you are doing now rather than later. These rigs may need attention at first but well worth the time and money. I am sure if you haven't already, service that transmission and replace any rubber fuel hose going to the fuel pump tank ect.
vacuum lines and hoses on the engine get brittle from the heat under the dog house as well.
happy clipping
Rodney

brianthelion02

Yes i also replaced all rubber fuel hoses and filters and rubber tranny cooler lines.It got 8.1 mpg towin my 16 ft trailer and my little samurai on it,plenty of power,kept my speed to 55-60,though it really wants to run!!!!Thye onlything that doesnt work is the cruise control,ill be working on that.We love our clipper!!!!!!!!!!!

nhoj03

CONGRATS!!!! On your Clipper purchase. I have a 1975 party model and have also repaired or replaced just about everything!!!! But it is a wise choice when dealing with 30 year old parts. Enjoy,....by the way,.....you said you have a 1976?,.......Does it have the blue and red stripes???? Interrested in seeing it as I am planning on striping mine with red and blue.
1975 American Clipper, 21ft Rear Kitchen, Dodge 360, 521F

brianthelion02

I wish it did!!!!!!!!Cant wait to see one!!!!!!!Fonund one close to me here that has green and purple stripes,EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!Cool old clipper though!!!!!!!