News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Gen Fuel Pump Wires

Started by , November 27, 2005, 07:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where Does The Fuel Pump Wires On A Honda 4000 Generator Hook Up The Pumps Under By Gas Tank Is There A Wire Diagram Some Where

Andy Illes

Hiyya Fred (which happens to be what I call my Clip.... heeee)

I have no idea about your genny specifically.  In particular, I don't know how your genny's start/electric is wired.  However, in general, the electric pump would be wired to the ignition circuit, so that when the genny's on, so is the pump.  

Most genny's I've seen have a pump built in, and don't need a separate pump.   Wonder if that's not why yours is disconnected?

You didn't mention if the genny will run as it is right now.... will it?

When I Had The Gen Running Hooking The Red Wire To The Battery Post Gas Would Flow Almost To Much When Not Hooked To Battery Acted Like It Was Starving But The Gas Tank At The Time Was Below Half Tank I Havent Tried It With Full Tank

The Fuel Pump Is Not A Stock Item Someone Added It?

Andy Illes

Fred... again, I don't know about your specific genny, or hook-up.   But keep in mind that your gas tank has 2 separate pick-ups inside.   The one for your engine goes nearly the bottom.... the one for the genny is up higher.  That's so the genny can't use up all your gas and leave you stranded.  Try putting a few gals more in.

bigray

Don't assume that there is two separate pickup lines on your Clipper. I assumed that until I dropped my gas tank to replace the aged rubber hoses. In fact the previous owner assured me that the generator would shut off at 1/4 tank even after I indicated how it was configured.

The installer of the generator actually T'd the chasis fuel line instead of creating a separate pick up line for the genny. Don't know if it matters but I have a 36 gallon tank.

I removed my sending unit and added a separate pickup for my genny. My genny cuts of just below the 1/4 tank so I don't have to worry about being stranded anywhere!