News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Motivation

Started by aliendude, November 17, 2005, 01:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliendude

Anyone ever just lose the motivation to do anything like working on thier clipper?  
I still start it every week, and keep things tidy.... but I have a "to do" list of stuff to work on.   But I never do it.    
I just go out in the camper to watch tv or read - in peace and quiet.  
:roll:

bigray

My response is in the other post but you said that you go outside and watch TV in your Clipper. That reminded me of something.

When I got my Clipper, I parked it on my driveway. Whenever I had time I would go out and tinker with things.  That lasted a year. However, after a year I got a polite letter from the home owner's association indicating that I was violation of the deed restrictions. Quite frankly I was in violation, even though I have a rear, detached garage. I parked the Clipper in front of my garage. And unless a person stopped and deliberately looked down my driveway, the RV was not noticeable. But...oh well.

At any rate, I then moved my Clipper to inside storage which is about 3 miles from my home. The slot that I have is narrow and I can not maneuver like I want to inside. It seems like a hassle to leave my home and go elsewhere to work on my Clipper. I can only park it at my home overnight in preparation for a trip and I don't wish to get another letter. I know if I start working on something I'll end up finishing and 2 am and won't return the Clipper to storage. I'll get up the next morning at 6 get work before 7 and ..well.......... you know the rest.

I guess that's why I have "less" time now. I never thought about it until now but having the Clipper on the driveway allowed me to do more to the Clipper here and there. I wish mine was on my driveway still. Oh well.......such is life!

Rodney

Hang in there Aliendude I find myself with the same feelings all of the time with the many projects I have going on. take a look at my website some time :cry: my 70 roadrunner has sat for several years now with out anything being done to her. my 72 new yorker well I got it painted this summer but now need to find the time to put her back together. my dart needs a paint job and my old 73 ford 3/4 ton pick up needs paint as well. I could spend another 50 hours on my Clipper getting it finished {painting the outside} but it is presentable as is.  And in the last year I have been asked to do several large restoration projects as well and of course I couldn't say no, Sure wish I had on a couple of them but it is work. I have over the years found that I fall into slumps getting MY projects completed and have to reassure myself that I am doing the best I can with the time I have to give any one project. I look at what I have done and the progress I have made to keep me going this really helps!! Don't look to hard at all the things that need to be done and get overwhelmed {its easy to do} take one project at a time and be sure to pat yourself on the back from time to time for what you have already done.
If you have to replace the lifters in your engine to get if running it's really not that big a deal. I have had to do the exact same thing to a 440 engine I built for a guy... he went out and ran the holly Shi@%^ out of it before it had even 50 miles on it, floated the lifters and ruined some of them. and scuffed a piston and cylinder as well. At first I was real upset but it only took a week end to repair and most of the work I had done to the engine was still quite usable so not all was lost. It was a good lesson for the owner of the 440, ya got to take it EASY on a fresh engine for the first few thousand miles.  :roll: Now he knows.
Hang in there  :wink:

terry and karen conkle

If your retired like me its worse, I often go stand in the garage and look around, and then go back in the house. Have to not get all things done at once you know. The camper is parked for the winter now, but can be pulled out at a moments notice if I get the urge to go for a day trip to the lake, 30 minutes away.

I think I will make a gallon of homemade wine, and I dont drink!

tc

Andy Illes

A-DUDE..... YOU'RE BACK!!!!!       :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

When you dropped outta sight after your trip, we thought your Clip's Flux Capacitor mustta melted down.... be glad it's just lifters, lol.

Check out the new "General Discussion" forum... it's for BS-ing... :)