News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

how many miles/gallon do the clippers get?

Started by mishell, November 10, 2005, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishell

i am looking into buying a 1977 and need to have an idea of what i will be dealing with as far as gas goes.[/quote]

susan-y

See signature.  Rebuilt with headers I get 7.5 - 8 mpg!  Even less when I am forced to floor it just to hear the pipes :roll:, or show a Harley that loud pipes do save lives :lol:

Andy Illes

Mishell..... Have a 390... at a steady 55... I'll avg between 10-11 on a fresh tune up... 9-10 at 60........ 65-70 also 7-8 ish.  Haven't checked above that.

Btw... just filled Fred onna way down to the Keys yesterday... $2.29 at a Hess out W of Miami.

aliendude

I've never figured it out..... With evaporation from the carb, and gas price fluctuation....I just figure on dumping out all my wallet at the gas station.  
But I'm poor.  

Maybe 5 to 6 mpg....if people make me mad....  and 9 if I'm babying it running on the what's left in the 36 gallon tank....before I turn to the right and the fuel sloshes to the driver side and the beast dies out on me....
Around town with no wind resistance.....

I just know it costs me 5 or 7 bucks to go to the laundry mat and back.

Which is mostly what I use my Clipper for.     I watch tv or take a nap and make her do the laundry.