News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Gas Prices - What are you paying for Regular?

Started by bigray, November 04, 2005, 04:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad

What's a discount card?  Do you have to be old to get one?  I am getting old...

Rodney

we have a discount or club member card here {safeway} but only gets us a .03 cent off about 2.69.
still to high a price IMO. with the oil company's having record profits of ALL TIME. It an't fair.
wheew!! there's my Rant. :twisted:

Andy Illes

If you wanna REALLY save on gas..... buddy up with a farmer.... no taxes on ag fuels.... :)

Rodney

Quote from: "Andy Illes"If you wanna REALLY save on gas..... buddy up with a farmer.... no taxes on ag fuels.... :)
That's true but there is dye in the fuel to differencate between ag gas and pump gas and at least around these parts it's a pretty stiff fine if {when} you get caught. :cry:
I was just talking with a long time farmer who let his farm gas tanks empty and now buys his fuel like the rest of us, his reasons were those tanks on his place are like targets to the thief's and he has got ripped off one to many times he said it wasn't worth it. He also has to take extra care with his tractors and trucks in the fields when he isn't using them. He was spraying weeds and left the equipment in the field for the night to find the next morning some jerks cut the hoses off his spray equipment for siphon hoses dumped out hundred dollars of weed killer for containers for the fuel they ripped. he said it cost him more that a grand by the time he was able to get back to spraying. That really burns my bacon hearing that. the farmers at least around here are loosing $$ every day and one reason is the cost of fuel.

btw noticed the price at Safeway is down to 2.37 this weekend.
Happy holidays all
Rodney

Horst

$2.36 at Costco today - will it EVER get below $2.00 here in the People's Republic of Santa Cruz???

doubt it...............but hope so - might even take another run up to Oregon if it does
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

terry and karen conkle

Our local Dillons grocery sell gas, if you use their card you get two cents off. I see it now 1.90 - 2=1.89

tc