News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

The Oily Rag October 17 - 23

Started by Rodney, October 17, 2005, 06:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodney

Hello all,
looks like another fine week ahead of us so had better do some laundry and put the old rag in the rag bucket and start with a clean one for the 3rd week of October. Whats going on with you all.
Here in Central Oregon the leaves have all turned their beautiful fall colors of oranges, yellows and red with a few hanging on to the greens of summer. It's now time for the endless job of raking and getting the yard ready for the winter, draining the swamp cooler, hauling fire wood and checking the anti-freeze in the vehicles. Opps almost forgot, need to haul 5 tons of hay for Judy's horses.
Have a great week :)

Rodney

Guess no one is doing much this week? or to busy to stop in for a chat?
We have been very busy at work which is good. I am trying to gather parts for a project a guy is having me do for him you think it's hard to find parts for your clipper at times try looking for parts for a 34 Dodge pick-up.  :shock: I did some work on a model A a few years back and for the most part everything was avalabile just had to have the money. Not so with this Dodge Pick up it is a one off for sure but this is why the fellow whats it restored.
I was able to buy another 440 engine from our wrecking yard last week, which adds to my collection of 5 or 6 440 engines. That ought to be enough shouldn't it? I couldn't pass this one up for 200.$ it is a 1970 model with the steel crank and in pretty good rebuildable shape. the heads have never been off the block and the crank is in execellent shape.
I am going to clean it up and use it in my 1970 Road Runner that I am restoring for myself. {some day :roll: }
Well its starting to rain so better go out and close up the Clipper.
have a good rest of the week all.

Rastaman

Hey Rodney, just thought i would get my wipe of the "oily rag"...Ive been lurking around even though i havent posted. I havent done too much on the old clipper recently...the last time I tried to drive her, the tansmission was slipping real bad...could hardly move it. so it looks like a transmission rebuild is in my future,( that along with the 6 tires it needs....and who knows what else after i really get it going,) has sucked the fire out of me so i have put her on the back burner for right now...I hope after the temp. down here in florida starts cooling off to pull the trans. and have it rebuilt.
Then if i can get it  home, %#@* the neighbors :-)  I will start working on the cosmetics inside...not a whole lot to do other than repairing water damage to the ceiling,making sure there arnt any more leaks etc....most of the pluming is ok...oh yes then i need to check the appliances...but that stuff i enjoy..and is healthy for me.....nothing like tinkering with a favorate cocktail close at hand....right Andy?......speaking of Andy....we have a storm coming our way this weekend. I am booked on a flight to the motherland (jamaica)...but it is beging to look doubtful that i will make it. I have an elderly aunt who is  dying that i was hoping to see for the last time ...so i have my fingers crossed  .....
well thats my contribution to the rag.....
rasta

dig

My week has been spent in my garage - cleaning it!! I had a new garage door installed last week, and decided that the nice new garage door deserved a clean garage. Well, that turned in to cleaning, then painting, now I decided the floor needs finishing :) Funny how one thing leads to another so quickly. I will post up pics once I get a little further along. It is looking pretty nice  8)

Going camping this weekend tho - you know about that "all work and no play" thing ;)

--dig

Rodney

Hi Rasta and Dig,
was wondering how the garage door was coming alone?
sure do know how one thing leads to another and on and on. was going to do some touch up painting on the house this summer.. after 5 gallons of paint and 4 new windows later I am about done but still need to finish paining the garage.

Bummer about the Trans Rasta, when you have it rebuilt be sure that the converter is rebuilt and that it has the timing makes on it if thier on there OEM.
see ya around

bigray

Let's see this week.........hmmmmmmm

I had a trip planned for Mission Texas to enjoy a butterfly festival (don't say a word Andy) but those plans got changed. My wife and I are driving my mother-in-law to New Orleans this weekend to survey the damage to her home (or what use to be her home) and meet with the insurance adjustor. She's seen pictures taken by another family member. Everything is destroyed pretty much.

I finally cleared my home of in-laws. I had 22 of them at one point. Actually for a loooooooong point - about a month! It went really fast actually!

I need to spend some time with my Clipper! I've only taken it out once in the last month and a half.

Rodney

Wheew Big Ray that's a lot of things to do on your clipper.
you must be a very patent guy to have that many house guests for that long but what else can you do??

Has any one on the west coast been to a camp ground in or around Cloverdale OR? It's called Winema Christian Camp I here it's right on the Coast and the fee per night full hook up is 18.00$ / night.

bigray

Most likely the modification won't be feasible. I have more time than money this weekend so I thought about all those modifications.

I get along great with my in-laws (the majority anyway). Plus if MOMA ain't happy....... AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY!