News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

1977 American Clipper for sale in Rancho San Diego (Sold)

Started by morse-johnson, June 29, 2018, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morse-johnson

1977 American Clipper for sale.  New starter motor, new spark plugs, new kitchen faucet, new interior radio with remote control, LED lights, Propane ceramic heater, two marine batteries, new black & grey water valves.  Runs well.  Current smog check.  Some parts need work.  $2500, obo.  Would love to sell to someone who really appreciates Clippers and is interested in fixing it up!  Let me add my list of things which need work on this motorhome: possible water heater leak, propane tank seal around gauge needs re-sealing, refrigerator doesn't run on electricity (probably just heating element not working), AC works mostly but compressor sometimes doesn't turn on.  So, nothing really serious, but a few minor things here and there.  The basic unit seems sound and the engine runs really well.

JCBoyce

Hello,
Is this still for sale? What engine is it? When was it last run?
thank you JCBoyce

morse-johnson

It's a Dodge '77 engine, 440 cin, v8.  It passed smog back in May 2018 and still runs well.  The last smog check noted that the carburetor accel. pump needs work, but in every other way it runs well.  The issues it has are really all wrt to the camping part, not the motor.

JCBoyce

I preferred and had the 360. but that is not a deal maker.

any chance you can add some pictures of the inside of the clipper, and which floor plan.
is this a 21 or 24 foot?

thank you JCBoyce

morse-johnson

It's the floor plan with the kitchen in the back.  Looks as though I'm only allowed to include 2 pics per note.  Here's a pic toward the front and toward the back.  Oh, and it's the 21ft.

/raj

morse-johnson

Actually, I see those pics are rather low res.  I'm uploading more to my own server...

Ok, you can see higher res pics here:

https://peacock.place/Motorhome

JCBoyce

Thank you for the pictures,

I am considering a trip down to see it.

I hope if the tank is leaking it is empty, I bought a 76 clipper as a fire job. from a tank leak.

I have the floor plans

morse-johnson

Just about any day and time should be ok.  Preferably not before 11am.  Just let me know.

It's floor plan "821 FCIT" with the rear kitchen.

JCBoyce

Is this still for sale?

I had planned on driving down and looking at it, but bought 2 boats.

JCBoyce

morse-johnson

Yes, it's still here.  I haven't really been pursuing listing it; busy with other things.  You're welcome to come by and see it any time.  Just let me know.

morse-johnson

This motorhome was just recently smog checked and re-registered for 2020, so if it sells before around 8/20/2020, it would be within the 90 day period where no additional smog check would be needed.

The carburetor was cleaned and adjusted as part of the smog check.

Skywriter

morse-johnson

Yes, it's still available.  If you would like to come see it, let me know when would be best for you.  I haven't started it in a while, so I'll have to make sure the gas is still good, etc.  You can contact me via email at raj@peacock.place.

morse-johnson