News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1975 Anyone near SF Bay Area who could offer insite?

Started by LeahRose, January 21, 2018, 05:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeahRose

Hi there! I purchased a 1975 Dodge American Clipper about 2 years ago from someone. I am now interested in selling it. It runs, but I really have not used any of the interior features. I was told that the kitchen works when I bought it, but I don?t know how to test it. If anyone is local and would be willing to help me out, it would be much appreciated. I am a single mom and could use the money, but I don?t know the ins and out of these Clippers. I?d hate for someone to take advantage of me. I bought it for $4000 and put $2000 in to it, but I doubt I?ll get all my money back. I?d like to get as much as I can, but I also dont want to over price it. A neighbor came and looked at it and offered me $1500 for it, but that seems low to me. If that?s all it?s worth though, it would be good to know. I was hoping to at least get the $4000 that I paid for it back, having someone who knows these RVs to tell me if that is realistic or not would help. Thank you so very much!

Toedtoes

To realistically get $4000 or more for it, it should be in good shape.  The engine should run and not need any major work.  The house appliances should all work - might need some repair work on one or two items.  Cosmetically, it should be clean and in good shape with no leaks.  There should be no "weird" customizations (like removing the bathroom).

PM me with a more specific location for you and I might be able to find someone to help you test everything.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

jolene

Hi   I have been researching Clippers for over 6 months and feel I am pretty experienced of them by now...I have bought 2 and looking for a 3 (want a Chevy clipper) now...I search for clippers daily and all my times goes thru finding them..From what I have seen recently most are sold in Ca., Or and Wa. state.. Prices vary from what I see from $1500 that need work or motor problems to $6000... I just saw one for sale in St. Louis ($5000) that looked immaculate but thinking it might be a scam as they were offering delivery and it just didn't seem legit.  Anyway  I paid around $2500 each for mine and both in good shape inside.  Had to put money in tires on one and had to get carb. work on other.. If yours is decent, clean and running well I think $4000 is a fair  price.  I always put a little higher when selling so I can go down and everyone is happy  lol.. You can put on Craigslist but be prepared for scams and be leary of most replies..Also ebay could be good but it cost and again most people want to buy close to where they live.  I do suggest clean it up real good inside to show good and make as many repairs as you are able... Try to make sure it is is good running shape as most will expect it for the money...If I can help please contact me and I wish you all the best.