News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Brake Light Problem

Started by Jax, October 30, 2013, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jax

Just bought a 1975 Clipper with the 360 & rear kitchen. Since the day I picked it up {Oct-1st} been working on this "no brake lights" problem! It's been in the shop for a week now & they say it's in the turn signal switch located in the steering wheel column? But they also tell me there isn't any to be found out there & that they have been online looking as well. Anybody know anything about this kind of problem and can help out? Don't know what to do at this point. They tell me everything is working except brake lights!

Brian
1975 Dodge 360 Clipper 21' rear kitchen.

Clipper Joe

Hi Brian,
Have You Tried E-Bay They Have A New Old Stock One. I'll Try & Find Item # For You.
I Have Been Trying To Find Old NOS Doge Parts For Our Old Clippers. To Keep As Spare Parts For Our Members..

You Can If All Else Fails, You Can Add A Old Clamp On Diez Style That They Used On 1950-60 Cars They Clamped On Column. But Try First To Get OEM One First, To Keep It Orig. As Possible... :D

These Old Clippers Are A Labor Of Love & Great RV's

What State Are You In?

Hope This Helps,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Jax

Well I think I answered my own question. After being on the phone to the shop manager where the Clipper is & tracking down this part for the brakes to work again witch by the way go's through the turn signal switch I found one on E-bay. The person I was speaking with on E-bay his screen name is hiltopap 8172 his name is John & he tracked my part down using my Vin#. Seems he runs the store & has a lot of older Mopar parts that will fit Dodge B-300 & others so you might want to check him out. OK part should be here in two days so I'll let you know more if anybody out there is reading this. Thanks & have a good one.

Brian

Clipper Joe

Hi Brian,
I Was Just Going To Post Part Item # From E-Bay Seems Like They Have All Years For Vans,
These Parts Are Getting Harder To Fine.

I Have Been Trying To Get Cross Ref. Part # For Our Old Dodge Clippers, Mostly
Wear Items, Steering Gear Boxes, Power Steering Pump & Res. Alt, Carbs, & To Much To List.

There Is Some On This Web Site Forum Hoping We Can Put All The Old Posts & New Ones On The Same Locations. All Members Can Go & See The List That May Help Them Track Down Parts Or Where To Get Them. For All Year & Model Of There Great Clippers.

Keep On RV'n,

Joe

ACOC#3749

Jax

Joe thanks for the reply but I did manage to get that part through e-bay & I also left info on that post the guy's screen name. His store had a lot of Mopar parts so there is another source to track them down. I know what you mean about they are getting harder & harder to find these parts so when I see certain ones I'll buy them if I have the funds. Take care & have a good buddy!

Brian

Clipper Joe

Hi Brian,

That A Good Idea, To Have Spare Mopar (Dodge) Parts.
We are Hoping On Putting A Thread On Forum, With Info For Clipper Members to Sell or Trade Parts as Needed.

I Have a Few Spare Parts, I Still Have Orig. Dometic RM 66E Fridge, & Kept old Power Center For Spare Parts, Ie; Knobs, Door Shelf, Latch,Freezer Door, Etc.

I Have Spare Alt for 440-3 & Regulator, Pulleys, 16.5 Wheel (Rim).
I Have a Fair Coleman A/C Shroud, Has A Few Cracks, Only Good Till You Get a Replacement.( For A Person Who Is Missing His..
ACOC#3749

Jax

Well just got word that my turn signal switch that I bought through E-bay was installed & is working. Great need to get "Old Fatty" home to winterize it. So the lesson here is if it's not a ground wire witch I thought it was it's in your steering wheel colum {turn signal switch} that your brake lights run through. Hope this helps for any future problems you may have.

Brian