News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Dodge Parts that WORK!

Started by Shayne, May 08, 2004, 01:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

With the ability of the new forum software for me to 'stick' a thread at the top of the list.  I thought this might be appropriate.  Bob Chaney had compiled a list of parts with PART NUMBERS which can be most helpful when trying to find replacement items for these older rigs.  Seems the guys at the parts stores these days are just clueless on anything older than they are. Thanks Bob.  If someone wans to start a similar list for Chevy Clippers, we'll do the same thing.

So... here is the list, easy to find and get at for reference. No need to search for it.  But ALSO... we can revise it as we go.  If you replace a part and find something that really works, then post it here.  I'll add it to the master list and then delete your post to keep things as clean as possible. Along with all this text above once people figure this all out. Now to keep things as simple as possible, we should only add direct replacement items.  If you have to grind the doohickey off, or rewire the thingamagig, then that's for another thread where you can explain all that.  This is just a reference for the common replacement parts that with so many options, sometimes we are left to hope it will work.

DODGE CLIPPER REPLACEMENT/SPARE PARTS

Thermo-quad carburetor - 440-1,3   Calif1~TQ-92l2S, and TQ9248S Federal/Canada ft TQ-92iiS &TQ9247S
Thermo- quad Carburetor -360-3 [auto trans.]   Calif-TQ92 105 Federal/Canada #TQ9209S
The above carburetor information is from a 1979 Dodge motor home chassis service manual.

Power steering/fan belts -- Mopar# B0Q1 3496 -- Gates# XL7495 -- NAPA# XL 12683 ETC.
Air conditioner/Alternator Belts -- Mopar# BOO 13581 -- Napa # XL14733 ETC.
Alternator -- 60 AMP. [std.] Mopar# RO291 186 Price $ 120.00 [without core trade in]
ALTERNATOR OPTIONS?117 amp, strictly produced by Chrysler Availability, Fit uncertain. 100 amp Available, Fit uncertain. Part ft available soon.
Starter Mopar #P5249644 Light weight, starter used on high performance, high compression engines.
Mopar [Remanufactured] # R0171375[ Original unit] 1.8 hp,[ longer, possible problem with headers]
Mopar[Remanufactured] #RO 171376 1.5 hp., Different reduction, more torque..
Water pump – Mopar # 3780 196.[ Correct high volume motor home unit from Chrysler]
Edelbrock-#88 14 [Victor series]
Valve cover gaskets-- Felpro # VS50145R [Proven to stand the heat long term]
Exhaust Manifold gaskets -- Mopar # 4095786 -- Felpro # MS90425
Distributor [complete] ---Chrysler II 3874887
Distributor cap pkg. [includes rotor] -- Mopar# P4286572
Distributor rotor only -- Mopar # 3874401 -- Bluestreak #CH3O3X,
Electronic control unit [ECU] -- Mopar # 04111850
Voltage regulator -- Mopar ft 5234625.
Ignition Ballast Resister -- Chrysler # 3874767 -- Wells # CR105
Ignition Coil --- Chrysler Prestolite#2444242 -- Mopar II 2495531 [Up to 1978]
Fuel pump -- Carter # MS67755.
Thermostat -- [Requires 1 1/2 inch opening]--- MR. Gasket ft 4367 [totally works, no question] Mopar # 3512998-Reported to work. [1 1/2 inch opening ??]
Spark plugs --- Autolite#AP86 -- Bosch # WR9FP ,ETC.
Spark Plug wire sets [Cable Pkg.] -- Mopar ft 4339405 -- Napa ft 700159, ETC.
Radiator Hose Upper -- Mopar H H0060974, NAPA 8296 (must cut one bend off)
Radiator Hose Lower Mopar# 1-10060858
Oil filter [Short RV model] Mopar ft 5013780-AA
Fuel Filter -- Mopar # 2084467
Shocks Bilstein - Front B46-1401 - Rear B46-1137  (Clippers have the 4000lb front axles)
Speedometer Cable - Napa/Balkamp #615-1668 - 92"  Replacement for the dash to cruise ctrl in the two cable setup.

WORTH WHILE ! !-Modification, if you suffer steering belt squeal, or belt slippage.--- Replace your single power steering pulley, with a dual belt pulley[and two belts of course]. Replacement dual pulley is FORD PART ft E3UC3DE73CA.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

alhnelson

Found that the Napa/Balkamp #615-1668 speedo cable is a direct replacement for the long cable on my 78-79 Dodge chassis Clipper. My Clipper has two cables, the longer 92 inch one going from the dash to a junction gearbox (for cruise), then a shorter one to the transmission. This replacement is also exactly 92 inches and has the same plastic bushing on the speedometer end. Sells for about $22 at Napa.
Al

LARRY RAY

Upper Radiator hose. Finally found one that will work Shayne. The mopar # posted is no longer a good one. Too old they tell me. Used a NAPA 8296  upper hose. cut one of the bends off and a perfect fit for a 78-440 with air. Thanks
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

JerryT

Use a newer one, 78 amp, was used on a 86 dodge pickup ect. When you look at it, the case halves almost touch, on the older less amperage ones the case haves are about 1/2" apart. (see earlier post)
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry!!, :)

I have the 77 Clipper will the newer Alt fit and work on the 77???

John E :o

JerryT

Yes it will, Dodge Trucks will interchange 1970-1986 or so. The newer ones will have more output.
JerryT

wanderer

I have a 1976 Dodge B300 and I need a OEM [Stock]Air Cleaner Housing fitting an four barrel carburetor. I need to smog the camper  and I can't pass the test with out it. An after market part will not work for the test. Must be original part.   Email address; langsum@prodigy.net
THANKS

wanderer

Hey John,

I have a 1976 Dodge B300 van, amer. clipper, of course;

***Please pick up the  Air Cleaner Housing from the "Dodge  "440 cu.in. engine/4 barrel carb.,  This air-housing will fit.

Let me know what the cost is.  And your address.      Thanks    John

My address is;

James Soohoo

573 Tarryton Isle

Alameda, Ca.,94501

wanderer

Hey John,   

By any chance, did you note the "year" dodge van you found the OEM air cleaner housing ?

Did it come from a 4 barrel carburetor setup?

Please leave all  items that are attach to air cleaner.  If these are for smog equipment setup , than I will need them.

Let me know on the first 2 questions.  Important

Thanks John

John Eversoll

Hi there Bro, Oky Doky....

The rig that I got the air filter off from was a 79-Dodge van 318 with a Thermaquad" newly rebuilt"

I should have grabbed it too".. they are getting very hard to find. And the auto parts stores are charging around 320 bucks for a rebuilt one... The rebuild kit is only35.00

I have it sanded down and wil be spraying it tomorrow afternoon... Make it Look pretty for the new owner..

Fact is that the trans was a 727........I wish I had room"

Ok, you have my e mail and you can get my address when you e me..

I then will get things ready for you ..

take care and again I will leave the smog stuff on for you..

John

wanderer

Hey John,

We need to put a hold on the air cleaner.  I will explain later.......James

John Eversoll

wanderer

Hey John,

I am now ready to receive the air cleaner housing.

The problem a rised when a mechanic advised me to make sure the OEM air cleaner housing is the right one for your 1976 Dodge.  The smog guy may not approve it if it not for that year.

The 1979 air cleaner that you picked up will be okay for me.  Even if I need to do a little custom work.  Please sent all that is connected to housing.

Thanks John

John Eversoll

Ok, but first I am going to go to Ecollogy again this Saturday

and will look for one like mine...  It has very little smog stuff.

mine is a 1977 440 only has two vacume lines and that is it.

if I can find that you would be better off..  john

wanderer

John,

Thanks for being so helpful. You are the man! I really appreciate your efforts.  Good hunting buddy.  James