News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Need used upper control Arm and ball joint part number

Started by pdxpfeifer, August 01, 2018, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

Hi
I have been searching the forums trying to find out the parts number and diameter to order new parts. You can see that the drivers' side tire is leaning in and there is a popping noise when you turn the steering wheel. I am assuming ball joints.

Anyone know the part numbers and what else I should look for that might need replacing?

Also is it threaded or press-on. I am assuming press-on can it be upgraded to avoid extra tools?

update: The upper control arm is broken and needs to be replaced, but they are no longer manufactured. Any idea how to find a used one?

thanks
pdxpfeifer
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

pdxpfeifer

UPDATED MESSAGE:
So after much todo - I finally found the upper control arm rusted, but in good shape from a specialty junkyard an hour away for $125.00. The part is no longer made so I had no other choice.

The ball joints - this was a huge pain in the rear! I spent hours chatting with online techs and calling Mogue customer support and still got wrong parts. First lesson: Cross reference with your VIN. The first letter of the VIN dictates which part number you will need, because your upper control arm may be different than another VIN.

My 1977 440 - rear kitchen clipper has a K Vin Number. Knowing this finally allowed me to get the right parts. I still had problems finding them and had to get some of them from Car Quest, O'Riley's and online at Amazon and all of the parts I  spent more and purchased American Mopar for big rigs :)

Moog: Amazon - Got one or two parts local, because I had no other choice and had one week to get the job done.
Upper Ball Joint K7082  $35 each
Lower Ball Joint K7053T  $30.97
Bushings Upper K7189 $44.78 - 4 of them for right and left sides
Bushings Lower K7192  $43.78 - two of them

With spending $300 to pay my friend who helped me, parts, and tools. It was about $600. The shops quoted me $1500 and that was not including the $100 alignment I would need after doing all the ball joints.

Hope the information is helpful, even if you are not doing the job yourself you can save money and time by bringing the correct parts to the mechanic. Now I can finally throw away this scrap of paper I have been holding onto for a month to come online and update everyone :)

Original Message:
Hi everyone. I have spent an agonizing 9 days trying to find the correct part numbers for all the ball joints on my 1977 rear kitchen clipper.  The amount of wrong parts purchased is unreal. 

I will do an update to hopefully help other members find the part numbers easier if they have to replace all the ball joints if you do it yourself or have a shop do it.  The parts are getting more challenging to find, but it?s possible. 

We are off to Canada now that my front end works 🙃 I will give an update when I have some time to help others with what I have learned.

-Robyn
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799