News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Looking for the glass window above the cab

Started by Goody1955, March 21, 2016, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goody1955

Hello Clipper owners,
My name is Cliff Goodman my girlfriends name is Karin Comstock we were gifted a 1977 Dodge 440 rear kitchen. I was replacing the glazing bead to the glass above the cab, it's around 71 in  long 7 5/8 in wide. It was without the bead for few days and during the last storm it blew out on to the ground. So I'm in the market for a replacement any help or leads would be appreciated. We live in wine country Paso Robles CA.
Thanks Cliff
clifgood@charter.net
cell# 805 610 2471

pdxpfeifer

Hi Cliff
Congrats on the Clipper, gifted is a great price - depending on previous owners you might have some repairs 😋  We have had ours two years and have done some major repairs to Nina the Clipper

Are you talking about that gray seal? Mel the supply officer should have that? Look on the order form. He's back from vacation next week - I'm getting a new escape hatch 😊
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Goody1955

I have the bead I need a new glass it's 71 1/2 in long and 7 3/4 in wide.Thanks Cliff

Clipper Joe

Hi Cliff,
I Had Mine Done By A Auto Glass Shop.
I Had Them Temperted It And Had A Slight Tint To Keep Sun Off Top Bunk Area.
Also I Had Glass Made A Little Thickered From OEM.

I Think Removal & Made Up Took 4-5 Days To Have It Tempered.
About $250.00

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

pdxpfeifer

I lost my frame, hinges broke and duck tape didn't hold on the ride home. Here in Portland the chain Speedy Auto glass did the measurement, tempered and installed it permanently into place since I didn't have the frame and it was $100 total. The glass for that portion of the window was only about $35-40.

That was done for me last month, but was only the long window glass of the part that cranks open, not the other smaller parts of glass.
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799