News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Roof work

Started by Rd Ready, September 15, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rd Ready

Just a Few Photos of some work I have Done with the roof.  ;D, Flex all works pretty Good. that is the thick Black area around the Escape  Hatch,  I had a Bad leak that I noticed In Vegas, around the  Fridge Exhaust  Now there is no more Leak  8) also I used soft scrub On the roof before waxing..cause winter is coming up.. and I want to wax it.. Notice the white roof,It's blinding in the Sun..  It was Black.. from sitting under a tree In Calif.

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
Great You Stopped Leak, Can Cause Major Problems, On Clipper Roofs.

The One Thing Is, Some Of These Off Brands, You May Find It Hard To Remove, If Some Day You May Want To Replace These Vents.

I Have Always Used Dicor Self Leveling White Sealant,
Made For RV Roof Vents & Sealing Roof Needs. ;)

I Have Read Many Other Posts In Our & Other RV Forums.
Some Have Found That Marine 3-M Sealants Work Great Too.

But They May Last Longer, But Wait Till You Have To Do Any Work On These Sealed Vents Later.

There May Be Some Harsh Words @ The Removal Stage.

I Know For The Small Vents, May Want To Add, A Vent Cover,
They Have Them @ Walmart, I Think They Were About $20.00 Ea. Made For The Smaller Vents 14"x14" Vents. You Do Not Want To Cover Vent Over Cab, It Is A Escape Hatch Vent.

Hope This Helps,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher