News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

outside light that goes under that awning

Started by Armhook, August 10, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armhook

Has anyone installed an outside light that rest just under the awning for lighting at night? If so, do you have any suggestions about how to go about it?

Thanks - armhook
78 Clipper

Doug & Lynn

Clipper Joe

Hi Doug,

I Have A 1977 Clipper, Rear Kitchen Model. I Have Installed A Porch Light To The Left Entry Door.
I Put A White Base With On / Off Switch On Bottom Of Fixture,Made By Bargman #  34-78-517 78 Series Clear Lens. (About $8.00-$10.00 Google RV Porch Lights They Have Many Suppliers.)Took The Standard Bulb & Put In A Bright White 12Vdc LED Bulb, Same As On All Lights In Clipper House. Also Added A 12Vdc Light Inside Bottom Left Of Stairway, Used One I Got From Auto Supply Parts House Has Switch At Top Of Unit, Used For Under Hood Or Trunk. Also 12Vdc, Added LED Bulb In That Unit Also.

You May Have Some 12Vdc Power For Those Lights, In Middle Of Overhead Sink Cabinet, From Light That Is Mounted Under Cabinet. Ran Black #16 & #16 White Wires, Through Left Rear Of Cabinet, Installed Small 1" Plastic Wire Way,(Can Get At Loews Or Home Depot Used To Hide Speaker Wires) Went Through Paneling, Fished Wire, Down To Stair Light & Other To Porch Light. Note: Make Sure You Use Seal Putty On Outside Light & Some Clear RTV Around Fixture, To Keep Water Out.  ;)

Will Try & Post A Few Photo's Later, To Late Tonight.

I Was Planning On Also Adding A Second Light Left Of Large Window, & Get 12 Vdc Power From Power Control Center.

Hope This Helps, Please Feel Free To Ask Or PM Me If You Have Any Future Questions?  :-\

Found One On E-Bay $4.25 + $3.50 Shipping Item # 291214656692 ( Buy It Now )

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher