News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Windows and Dog House Insulation

Started by Shayne, November 10, 2001, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Posted for Conrad Cinq-Mars by Admin
9/13/01
Question: Some time back I came across some information on the doghouse insulation. Specifically someone mentioned JC Whitney as a source and a good price. I have searched thru the ACOC site and can't find it. Would anyone have any info on this? If so, is the replacement part of the same composition as the original? Or, is the new stuff similar to the foil covered air bubbles that I see at the hardware stores?

Also, what was the original window seal? I have the putty tape on mine and I have re-sealed two of the big windows with polyurethane. So far it has worked... removing the old putty seal and laying in a bead of poly-U. I have seen some Clippers with a black molding around the windows and was wondering if they are a better solution than the polyurethane. Thanks!
Conrad Cinq-Mars, ACOC #2828. Gig Harbor, Washington
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Shayne

Posted for Mark Smith by Admin
9/16/01
Answer:The black seal around the Clipper windows started with the 1976 model. It was not used before that. Also the seal is no longer available. It was custom made at the Clipper factory. Window flaps, I don't think they are available either, but ask Mel G., he might know something about them. Gray window trim. That is available from Clip Jr. store sold by the foot.
Mark Smith, ACOC #1077
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Shayne

11/03/01
Answer: Here is a web address that should take you right to the insulation material at JC Whitney.  http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=37015&BQ=jcw2
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

junebob

I think there is some accidental wrong information published in this forum regarding new window sealing material as stocked in the club store[Clip Jr.]The stock material which is gray has not been available for many years.THe replacement material that was located and stocked starting five or six years back stock was available in Black only.Bob Chaney#2626

Conrad

Hmmm... I am puzzled.  What material are you talking about?  Does anyone have a picture that we can point to and say, "This is what I am talking about!"  I can provide pictures of my clipper hardware if that will help the discussion.

junebob

The window molding material I was reffrring to is the one listed on the order form.Contact Mel our supply officer.

Conrad

Well I already ordered some a few weeks ago.  Will let you know what I get.