News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Water heater bypass

Started by Clipperlover10-04, December 03, 2013, 10:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipperlover10-04

Were the clippers equipped with a water heater bypass? Trying to find out so I can save some antifreeze. Thanks, Clipperlover 10-04.
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765

Clipper Joe

Hello Clipperlover10-04,

We Own A 1977 440 Dodge Clipper Rear Kitchen, On The Left Rear of Clipper There Are 2ea. Hot/Cold Drains. They Have Foam Covering Around Them, You May Find That You May Have Plugs On Them.
They Come Out About 2" What You Do Is Add Plastic Drain Valve So When You Fill System With Anti-Freeze You Use These To Make Sure System Is Filled To Drains.. :D

I Don't Think These Old Clipper Rv's Have A By-Pass System Like You See On Newer Class A Or Class C Rv's..

Hope This Helps. Maybe Others Can Share On How They Winterize. We Live Where It We Don't Have To Winterize, & I Have A RV Cover That Helps A Lot.

Joe & Denise
ACOC #3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Sfine

I just ran across a short electrical wire with a female, two pronged plug in, coming into the water heater area through the interior wall.
What the heck is it!?
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,
Hope You Had A Nice Trip To Az
& A Safe New Year.

On To You Question, Sometimes on Late Models,
That Wire Set-up Maybe for Hooking Up A 110Vac For A Lighten Rod to Run Water Heater On Electric Power Instead of Propane ( LPG ).

I Would Plug into Shore Power & Use A Meter & Check Power Output.
If It Turns Out To Be 12Vdc They Sometimes Have It For External Power For 12 Volt Light For Lighting in Night Operation.

The 110Vac Unit Runs About $100.00 From RV Shops.
Always Good To Have Back-up Power when on Full Hook-up.

Let Me Know how You Make Out On Checking Voltage?

Are You & Your Wife Going To National Meet In Feb?

Happy Trails,
Joe & Denise
ACOC# 3749
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I moved this into the Tech Forum since you are all club members and have access.  My thought is that club members should use the Tech Forum as much as possible in order to keep the incentive for being a member.  I added a new board for Non-Club Member Technical Questions so non-members have a place to ask basic technical questions.

Oh, and it will hopefully stop folks from posting in General Discussion by default. :)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Toedtoes,
Hope You Had A Safe New Years,

Will you Be Going To National Meeting in Feb?

I Will try To Go On Possible Saturday,
We Need The Rain, Don't Really want To Go If It's Real Bad Weather if You Know What I Mean.

I'm Glad you Are Moving Post To Right Spots, Going To Take A little Time To Post In The Right Threads.
I Was Just Replying To Steve's Question.

Also That Is Great, I Have Notice , Some Non Members Or Guests Are Picking A Brains On RV Questions.

You May Want To Highlight a Little Note. They Have To Join National To Get There Questions Answered.. ;) 

Joe
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

Thanks, I had a good New Years - spent it in the clipper with the two dogs and the parrot in Pismo Beach.  The weather was great.

I'm not sure on the National yet.  I want to get my dump valves and drain put together first.  I'm taking it in on Monday for that hopefully.

I agree about the weather.  I especially don't want to drive all the way down to Casa de Fruita in bad weather. 

I'm trying to be nice about the whole "you can't get to the technical stuff unless you join the club".  I'm hoping that as folks respond to non-member questions, they will add "if you become a club member, you can access the tech forum to get some real good advice".  ;D
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Hi joe!
I'll check the voltage and get back to you....this will be interesting to learn. :-\
Our trip to Arizona was perfect....perfectly cold, and beautiful as the dessert can be. Tucson, Sedona ,Grand Canyon ,Anza Borrega hot springs, Joshua tree,San Diego, then home.
The Clipper preformed flawlessly the entire trip, from bumper to bumper we couldn't be more pleased with everything...stayed very cozy even with temps at night in the teens and no day time temps warm enough to thaw the snow and ice on the Rim! Haven't calculated my mileage yet...not sure I want to know !!! Kept mostly under 60 mph, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Would love to attend the national, but it's too soon for me to make the call..work wise, well see.
We're hoping to make as many rally's as possible this year....I think we've just about got our system dialed in now....I think!
Happy new year ...see you in '14 !
Steve
As always,,,hats off to you Elizabeth ,,,great jib  ;D
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California