News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

kitchen faucet!

Started by Clipperlover10-04, September 01, 2013, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipperlover10-04

Does anyone know how to disassemble the kitchen faucet the rest of the way? Its leaking from the handle area and im trying to get to the O rings to replace them as im not able to replace the faucet at this time. Ive got the handle and that top gray piece off but not sure what to do from here. Thanks for any input.
1979 Dodge 440, 821 SK-FCIT, 50,000 original miles
ACOC 3765

Toedtoes

It should be just like a regular faucet.  You have to unscrew the hoses attached to the faucet from the underneath of the sink.  It's a tight fit up there, so you might try using a pipe wrench.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

bulldog 1995

the cassette isn't rebuildable.  :( and the cassettes aren't available anymore either. I had to go down to home depot and get a new faucet. I think I paid around $35 -40 for it
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles

Clipper Joe

Hello Clipperlover10-04

Is your Faucet a Vollrath Orig.?
Does it have a Aqua Knob on top?

I have a Spare, it is Mounted to Sink Via 2ea.
1/4" Stainless Steel Hex Screws.
It Has 2ea. 3/8" Copper Supply Lines Attached To Lower Faucet.

When you Remove Aqua Pull-Out Knob,
Loosen Screw on side of knob, Pull it off.
Then there is a Gray Sleeve lock that Screws onto Brass Body.
Remove it There is a Cartridge there, then you can pull off Spout.
There are 2 ea. O-rings on Brass Faucet.
That About it.

Make Sure you use Wd-40 Or Some Penetrating lube if Stuck.
When you put parts Back on Lube With Plumbers Silicone Grease. On O-Rings & Threads Etc.

Like Many of these Problems that Have Been Requested it is a lot Easier to answer, If Posts Have a Photos Are attached......

Hope this Helps, I will try & Make it to National Meeting & And Will Try to Bring Some Spare Parts I Have For Dodge Cabs & Clipper parts not Used.

Joe 
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Clipperlover10-04

Clipper Joe, I did everything you told me to do and the damn faucet still leaks!! There are only supposed to be 2 'O' rings right? Any more by chance? it has to be the original faucet but im not sure if its volrath or not. The handle is square, the leak comes from the base of the handle and the base of the faucet. Do I need to just get a new faucet at this point and do you know of any brands that dont require enlarging the hole?? I plan on taking a trip this weekend and I dont need the kitchen sink, any way to shut the water off to it? When I turn on the pump water leaks from it if the faucet is on or not!!!! Thanks again for all your help!!
ACOC 3765

Clipper Joe

Hi Clipperlover10-04,
There are 2 o-rings for spout & there is a O-Ring above Cartridge
After you take The Gray hold down lock,
To remove rotate CCW.

You have to in large hole in sink to 1-1/8"
ID to use Modern day Faucet It Comes With 2ea.
3/8" X 16" SS Flex Water Supply Lines,
When Orig. Faucet Was Installed They Put 3/8" Copper Tubes on Angle Valves.

You have to pull Draws to gain Access.

I installed a Cheaper Moen non Pull- Out
Model # 7423 Or 7445 (You need to Remove Base Plate for Single Mount)

This may the best way to buy new You can Always get parts locally.

See Posted Photo's
Joe
ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hi Clipperlover10-04,

I Forgot to tell you, you Should have a Hot & Cold
Shut off Water Supply Angle Valves in Rear behind Drawers.

If you Shut Those  Off That will let you Stop the Leaks Till you have time to repair or Replace
Kitchen Faucet,

Hopes this helps,

Joe
ACOC#3749

Clipperlover10-04

Clipper Joe,
Thank you for all your great advice, it worked excellent!!!! Turns out there wasnt a third O ring on the cassette so I added one and some silicon grease and it worked  like a charm!!!!! Im now at my final destination which happens to be the gorge amphitheatre in George, Washington!!!! It was my Clipper's maiden voyage and it went smoooth until my windshield wipers went out in one of Washington's washouts!!! Other than that its been grrreat!!!!
ACOC 3765

Clipper Joe

Hi Clipperlover10-04,

Glad to hear that your Kitchen Faucet Problem Has Been Repaired.

When my Clipper is not in use, I make sure I Shut my Water Supply Angle Valves off, the One @ Toilet & The Hot/Cold in Rear Behind Drawers.
I Installed New 1/4 Turn, So They Are Updated & Work Very Easy to turn On & Off.

It helps if Pump is Switched On And Saves from Possible Water Damage, If Water Leaks.
I Also Clean & Drain Main Water Tank After Each Usage Of Clipper, Keeps Excess Weight Off Plastic Fresh Water Tank, That may Crack, These Tanks Get Brittle with Age.

It's a little more Work but Keeps, everything in good shape, When you are Ready For a Trip or day Camp.

Clipper lover, on Your Trip, Did you get a Chance to Record Your MPG on You Clipper?
You also Said your Wipers Went Out, Was it The Teflon Bushings on Arms?

I Have a Dorman # If Needed can be Bought Locally at O' Riley's Auto Parts. ( In HELP Parts Section)  they are Also Sold Through Club, or @ Clipper Jr.@ National Meet.

Again it was Nice to Hear Your Clipper Ran Great For You, They Are Amazing Coaches. We Sure Love Ours! His Name is " Wilson "

Remember to Name Yours For Long Lasting Luck....

Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749

Clipperlover10-04

Clipper Joe, I didn't get a chance to record my mpg on the trip. I have a 55 gal. tank and when it was installed I think they forgot to adjust the float sensor. I went to put in fuel because my gauge read 1/4 tank. I put in $100 and got 26.5 gals. and my gauge read full. I think when it reads full its actually half a tank. And yes, it was the teflon bushings on the wipers that caused the failure! Shouldn't be too hard of a fix. I did name my clipper for long lasting luck. It's "William" after the previous owner who is now deceased.
ACOC 3765