News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Tires Ho!

Started by prophetdaniel2, March 05, 2012, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

Ahoy! From the frosty sea of tundra and ice, this is yer  fellow captain, and only member of the frozen chosen reproting from Kuparuk Alaska. (go ahead...find it on google maps...ill wait. Hint: scroll to the top of alaska where the land runs out..now, toward canadia a bit..) its a balmy -33f today, and its giving me spring fever! Time to think about digging bessie outta the snow drift, or more likely letting the snow melt..but cataloging potential repairs and upgrades anyway. Top of the list this  year is new tires! Ug! Where on earth er...in alaska, am I gonna find those 16.5's?! Onpy need 4, both rear duals. Fronts and spare are new as of a few years ago. Spare still has fuzzies on it.  Any hoo...thats ny delimma. I have $1ooo to throw at it. Any advice or encouragement will be appreciated greatly. I have read ALL the posts on this board (well...not all the campground reveiws) and know what im up against, but like I said...I have 3 already...there up here some where!      Cheers! PD2 over and out!

John Eversoll

Hey there Frozen Chozzzzzen....:)

Damn, that time of year again.... I would look at a Pep Boys if ya want some good cheeeeepies
other than that w few from fire stone is the place to check...

OH HEll, There is a place on line I will try and find the site for ya and get back in a day or so... Take care my  Melted friend..... John

prophetdaniel2

thanks john! no pep boys here in the great land though....

LARRY RAY

Not sure what shipping might be, but found mine at discount tire. They have a store in Washington
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

USNRetired

Please see my new posting about the tires.  I've found a San Diego County source for the tires - they have 31 of them in stock.  Not sure about shipping, but tires cost $160 plus sales tax.  Brand spanking new Firestone Transforce HT's Load Range E.

Jim
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

Anniepoo

deestone still makes them, I've ordered them online for $128 each + $25 shipping from

http://www.tires-easy.com/

prophetdaniel2

Great info, thanks! Now here's a question: could I put tubes in my current tires? Bear in mind that my tires are in good shape... Just a little old. Also I drive slow if that matters to anyone.. Like less than 55 all the time... Thanks for any info on this. Cheers!

LARRY RAY

Personally I don't know why you couldn't. A lot as far as I'm concerned is the mileage driven, the terrain and the speed. Although any little puncture and you have a very quick flat. After some research I came across this. Hope it helps.
http://www.countrywidetire.com/SubCategoryDetail.aspx?CategoryName=Radial%20Tubeless%20Truck%20Tubes
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

USNRetired

That is some good information about the tubes for tubless tires!  Thanks!

I was just messing around on ebay searching various items and found a place in Philadelphia who has 10 8.75R16.5LT Load Range E Tires... They even have a chart to show shipping charge.  All I did was search on the tire size.

Jim
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Hey Dan, YES YOU can put tubes in them thar tires.......ha ha

it wont ride any different...

How ya been...  Kids ok, wife ok, are you ok.....

We here are doing great....  Just No clipper yet.. Maybe work onn her next year....