News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Low ATF level sensor not working

Started by mollerus, July 03, 2002, 04:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollerus

I am trying to diagnose the problem with a faulty transmission level indicator in my 1977 Clipper with a Dodge 440.  It doesn't light temporarily when the ignition is first activated and it does not show a low indicator light if the fluid is low.  I am getting 12 v. past the electrical connector and down to the electrode tips with the key in the run position.  The indicator light will go on if I cross connect the electrode tips with a jumper.  The electrode tips at the lower end of the dip stick do not protrude straight out but appear to be bent 90 degrees against the insulator.  I don't know if this is normal or if they have been damaged.  I presume that the ATF completes an electrical circuit when immerged in fluid but the connection is broken if the fluid is low.  I have immerged the electrode tip in a  quart container of ATF and still nothing works.  Does anybody have an idea of what is wrong and what the fix is?