News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper Mechanic in the Peninsula?

Started by Casti891, June 14, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casti891

I am looking for a mechanic or shop that knows how to work on older rvs or Clippers specifically. Want to check the overall health of my engine as well as a tune up. I live in San Mateo Bay Area and would prefer not to drive over to the east bay. Thanks!

pdxpfeifer

Hi  casti891
Are you looking for "house side work" - inside the RV or for the Dodge Van engine and how the vehicle drives?  I am up in Oregon so I don't have a recommendation for California.

You may try looking into the NextDoor App - it's a great app that allows you to message local and surrounding neighbors. I have used it to get recommendations for local car repair shops and more. Also, when I have called local RV repair shops asking about repairs, they have been very good about letting me know if they can work with my Clipper. For example, we needed some help with our outside body fiberglass and repairs and when I specifically asked if they could handle fiberglass the shop was very helpful to let me know that they didn't do fiberglass and referred me to another shop that they recommended for fiberglass RV repair. The recommended shop was great!
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799