News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

16.5 Budd wheel

Started by bgred71, March 17, 2011, 09:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgred71

Does anyone have a couple of extra rims they would like to part with?
I have a 79 side kitchen I just put a new set of tires on and purchased a set of wheel covers for the budd wheel but when I went to install the wheel cover on passenger side front the wheel was not a Budd wheel so I thought OK i can move it to the rear inner nope center hole size is to small. OK so I thought, well lets use the spare rim and swap tires, foiled again spare tire and wheel is same rim as front passenger. What was previous owner thinking spare was only usable in front.

USNRetired

Sorry, I cannot help you here, shipmate.  As a matter of fact, I was getting ready to post something similar.  I have a 1977 and do not have a spare and am looking for either a wheel or wheel with decent tire mounted already.  But looking at the massive response you've had, don't figure anyone has anything. 

I wish I had the place to park it, I would buy that $1700.00 clipper in Pomona, if for nothing else, the parts!  I need to hit the California Lotto, so I can buy up all those clippers out there and build a nice garage to restore them and park them until someone comes along with a need for something truly American!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

jon

I know where there are some. Its not a clipper but the same dodge chassis. I just need one spare but the guy said If I wanted anything I have to take all 6 and the rear end. I didn't know what I was gonna do with all that extra stuff.  Im gonna call him this week sometime I have to wait till pay day to get anything. The front 2 wheels are not budd wheels. Did some have a 3/4 ton front end and one ton rear?

Big red if your front wheels do not match your rear then I don't think a budd wheel will fit on the front. I may be wrong.

USNRetired If I can can get these wheels cheap enough I will let you know. I would sell the ones I dont need. I don't know what shipping would be from NE to CA may not be worth it.

Hank Jourdin

bgred71, I have 6 wheels  with good tires. I live in Riverside, Ca if you needem give me a call my cell is 951-310-6790. They are 16.5 coined wheels .  Hank Out

John Eversoll

HI Hank, I   thought that you lived on the coast...

Should have hooked up before this.... I have family out in your  area...

John

Hank Jourdin

Hey John, I though you new I lived in riverside, I,am sure I told you, You told me you live next to pop's golf course in O. C. I don't know what happen to red,he didn't reply as per his request. Oh well such is life as time smumbles along. Hank Out! Take care John!

John Eversoll

Thanks Hank,
I am having issues with my internet........

can't log in and am only able to get through by

inquiriing through Gooooogle..  Weird"

Take care, John

USNRetired

Hey Jon, Sorry for the delay in responding.  Life has been getting in the way again!  I know what  you mean about the shipping.  I understand shipping is sometimes less if an item is shipped to a commercial address and my brother owns a powder coating company in El Cajon, CA.  Maybe we could investigate that and see what happens. 

ACOC #3714

jon

I decided not to get them after all because I decided to up grade to a 5th wheel. This is the last year for us in the clipper. My new bride is from Kentucky and we just need something bigger to go out there on vacation with all the kids. Gonna sell the clipper next winter. I went and bought a cheap pop up to pull out there this year. The clipper runs like a top but shes old and that's a long trip with 4 kids.

USNRetired

I understand about it being a long trip with 4 kids!  It's even crowded in ours when we go out here on the beach for a weekend with 3 grandkids and we only drive about 30 miles and take a car along.  We're planning on a trip from Oceanside, CA to Denver, CO next summer/fall.  Just the two of us and maybe 1 chihuahua.  We'll leave the other chihuahua with our daughter, when we go.  It will be the furthest we've driving the clipper.  So far we've kept it under 100 miles, we broke down the first time and wife went into shock!  ha ha ha ha!!

But sure hate to see you leave the ranks of American Clipper Owners.  You think you could get a cargo carrier to hook onto back and duct tape the 4 kids back there?
ACOC #3714

John Eversoll

Hi Ji,. I was just told by a guy up here "Oregon"

That you can buy rims from Firestone that will fit on the Clipper....

Don't know if this is true but worth investigating....
John

Anniepoo

I just discovered that the tires on my 78 Clipper are, gasp, Original.   :o :o 
Had one blow out.

Anybody have a source for 8 16.5 series E tires?

Anybody have more description for what sort of tires these are? Apparently this is an older tire size system, and online tire places all talk the newer system.

bulldog 1995

try contacting a brick and mortor tire store I have a pair of 10 yo tires on mine and right now and i was able to get quotes from most of them. Or if all are the origanial tires consider swaping out to a set of 16" wheels and tires I was able to get a quote of around 1400 to replace a 7 with 16"s but I only need 2 as my other 4 are only 2 yrs old
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles

Anniepoo

I've talked to a Firestone and two independent places.

The independent places had various tires of questionable heritage. One guy was trying to sell me an 8.75 16 series D with a 1998 date stamp.

Firestone said call back wednesday.