News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

16.5 tires

Started by Jim Tucker, August 08, 2010, 08:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadw

Hi Bob,
       It seems when I get online to read these posts I get called into the other room to solve critical emergencies like killing spiders or going to the store.  He He  It would be worse to have nobody call on me at all.  Anyhow, I found my paperwork and found that I paid $875 for seven tires, including tax and disposal fee.  They also balanced them.   I feel that better shoppers could fine a cheaper deal, but I was in a hurry to get the clipper on the road and no other store around here had them or would be willing to put them on.  Sorry for the delay in response.  Hope this helps.  
         Take Care      Bob W

drwfc7

Hi Bob
Thanks for the reply and information.I found out that 16.5 tires are hard to come by and prices have gone up considerably at least from the availability that I have found.Are you sure that price was for 7 tires?The best price that I have found was $145 per tire.Discount quoted $170 per tire.I also found out that the difference between 8.00 & 8.75 are close enough that providing all tires on a axle are changed that is not a problem.But then again 8.75 are more expensive but are more readily available and have a higher weight capacity rating.Decision,decisions-nothing is simple.Seven tires at once puts a definite dent in the wallet and budget.
                            Bob

dadw

Hi Bob,
        Yes, my unit price was $125.  The store was Millar's in Bay City, Mi.  They told me that they try to have at least 7 of them in stock at all times for us rv folks.  Maybe prices have gone up since last year. I bought them 05/28/09.  I believe that their sign said they were part of The Tireman chain.  Web site is www.thetireman.com     I just noticed that on the invoice I had.  I am not an expert so I hope the decent price doesn't mean a blowout soon. 
  Good Luck  Hope this helps       Bob W

drwfc7

Thanks Bob for the quick reply.
I know that prices on tires have gone up lately(no inflation?) and I'm shopping for what I can find at the best price,but part of the equation is knowing what the going price is reguarding availability and different stores and regions of the country.I now know that there is an of alternative in tire size providing the axle size is common.the rim size 16.5 is definitely a dinosaur as far as availability of tires.  Bob