News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

16 inch wheels

Started by brianthelion02, February 18, 2006, 09:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianthelion02

Who has done this conversion?Someone told me that there are two different kind of wheels flat and coin style?Aybody?These are dually wheels by the way!!!!!

Rastaman

Sorry I dont have that info..however I am wanting to do the same thing...those 16.5 are so hard to find and expensive...I hope we get some imput from some one.....
rasta

Rodney

I am running the 16 inch wheels on my Dodge they were bought at Les Schawb as new, they are called a budd wheel if I recall. bolt right on the hubs no problem. check with your local tire store or wrecking yard and maybe take your spare along with for comparison.

RoadScholar

Quote from: "brianthelion02"Who has done this conversion?Someone told me that there are two different kind of wheels flat and coin style?Aybody?These are dually wheels by the way!!!!!
I'm running Michelin 215-85-16. I bought my rims in Tacoma. They are coned rims. Checked my speed with  my Magellan Roadmate, and it was right on. I had 875-16.5's  before. Now I'm putting a Serpintine Belt setup on it. More fun!

"Laisez Les Bon Temp Rouler"

vwkess

For the life of me, I can't find quality 8.75x16.5 tires anymore. Has anyone else done 16" conversions lately? I see sets of 16" dually rims from late model 1 ton Dodge pickups on eBay now and then for decent prices. Will these fit?

vwkess

And another question too... my Clipper is in storage so I can't go right out and check. Does anyone know or could someone measure the hole in the center of the wheel for the hub? Wondering what size it is... also, should the bolt holes be flat or coned?

If anyone knows or could check, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!! :)

vwkess

Well, I bought a set of 7 (used) rims for $174. They are from a 2000 Dodge 1 ton dually. All the local yards say they will fit... will soon find out for sure. If anyone has done this swap, what size tire are you running? I checked through the board and saw references to 215/85/16 and 225/75/16. I've read in some previous posts about concerns with tire rubbing on the rear duals with 8.75 tires, the 225's would be even wider. Just like to get an idea as to what has worked well before dropping quite a few $$ on tires :)