News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Unexpected freeze

Started by Shayne, December 15, 2001, 03:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Posted for Ramona Irvine by Shayne

Unexpected freeze:How do I unfreeze my holding tank now that it is frozen, and if I can, THEN how do I prevent it the next time. 4 days frozen without water. HELP!!!

Ramona Irvine
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

junebob

If your holding tank is still frozen ,take the vehicle inside if possable. Or using a garden hose run the warmest water possable into the tank, Or put a heater[non flaming] under the tank. put a cardboard barrier around the tank as tightly as possable until it thaws.Prevention -Don't park the rig in freezing weather with water waste in the tank. Put some anti freeze in the  the black water and the grey water tanks if you are using it in freezing weather.Any kind will work . Regular automotive ,or non toxic automotive kind, Or the water system antifreeze used for RV water systems.It depends on what you are comfortable with dumping into a dump site. If you are using the system ,you will need to reeinstall some anti freeze after you empty the tanks. dump.An additional winterizing tip. put some anti freeze in the kitchen and shower drin traps. Just pouring a cup down each drain shoulddo it.Bob Chaney #2626