News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Rear End Sag

Started by LitlC, August 27, 2003, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LitlC

I seem to recall this was discussed before although I could not find it.  The back end of our clipper is sagging to the point that you can feel it when standing in the rear kitchen. We would love to hear what other have done to rectify this. Please note that this only occurs behind the rear wheels and the suspension is fine so additional springs would not work for this at it is only the body.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Shayne

I found this in the tech forum.

http://americanclipper.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000034&p=

Most I've seen are similar to this. My Clipper is holding up good so far (side kitchen seems to be better about this) but I asked a fabrication shop about it when I was having them do some other work. He said they would just get some C channel that would just fit inside the factory frame rails and weld it in there.. effectivly making them much stronger.  Seemed like a much simpler solution than others I've seen, but like I said, so far, mine's holding up good  
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

HPotter

There has been a lot of discussion about beefing up the frame extension in past newsletter issues, but I don't remember ever reading anything about correction of existing sag. I don't see how heating the frame to straighten it would be an option due to fire hazard. Has anyone had any experience with straightening the frame after sagging has occurred?
Harold, ACOC #886