News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Started by LuckyBub1, October 28, 2002, 02:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckyBub1

Just recieved my packet in the mail today,As a new owner of a 1978 side-kitchen,440 engne,American Clipper. I am looking for people in Kansas,Colorado,Oklahoma an area`s here in the min-west that might be interested in forming a club for American clippers closer to home.So far i`ve made 3 trips with my unit an have had no problems at all, over 4000 miles so far an going strong.Will be leaving Nov. 1st for Jacksonville N.C. (in the clipper). So anyone that is interested in getting together,you can contact me by e-mail (whiteone90@hotmail.com)Thank you Luckybub1

mgates604

Hi everybody!  I too am a new Clipper Owner!  I've got a 21' 821-SKFC.  It was in decent shape, but still needs some fixin'!  Got my membership packet the other day and have been pouring through the Tech-Forum for all the good info!  I really love the fact that there's a club for these. I ride BMWs and really enjoy vehicle camaraderie and look forward to being able to make it to a Rally!

When I bought my Clipper, the guy said it was a '78, but I know from the engine stamp that it's built on a '77 chassis.  I have heard that it is common for RVs to be built on the previous year's chassis to be sold the following year.  Is there a stamp for the Coach that specifies which model year it is somewhere?

tomfridley

it is easy enough to check the year your clipper is registered as. look at the sixth digit of the vehicle id number. if it is seven, it is a 1977 model. if it is eight, it is a 1978 model. this works up to and including 1979 only. after that the vin changed to a 17 digit combination, and will be the tenth digit as the year with a letter code. a= 1980, b= 1981, etc. hope that helps.
quote:
Originally posted by mgates604:
Hi everybody!  I too am a new Clipper Owner!  I've got a 21' 821-SKFC.  It was in decent shape, but still needs some fixin'!  Got my membership packet the other day and have been pouring through the Tech-Forum for all the good info!  I really love the fact that there's a club for these. I ride BMWs and really enjoy vehicle camaraderie and look forward to being able to make it to a Rally!

When I bought my Clipper, the guy said it was a '78, but I know from the engine stamp that it's built on a '77 chassis.  I have heard that it is common for RVs to be built on the previous year's chassis to be sold the following year.  Is there a stamp for the Coach that specifies which model year it is somewhere?