News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Fried something in fuse box panel

Started by Peteretzold, November 05, 2017, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peteretzold

Hello friends!

Was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm living in my 1976 American Clipper in my pasture with a view of Mount Rainier.. I enjoy the tranquility.

But I managed to fry something in the control box when we were checking things out with a long scewdriver.  Now everything that runs off the house battery does not work.

Do I need to order a whole new control box with fuses and invertor?  A neighbor is keeping me plugged in, but sure would be nice for lights, ignitors, etc to be working.

Thank you for your expertise!

Clipper Joe

Hello & Welcome,

I Do Not Have Access, To Members Or Membership.
It Is Nice If You Have A American Clipper, That You Go To Main ACOC Page & Use Form To Join The Club. You Will Be Able
To Gain Access To All Tech Data & Past Post That Will Really Help You To Trouble Shoot Your Clipper Problem. Also Be Able To Access Parts From Supply Officer.

Let Me See If I May Be Able To Answer Some Of Your Question You Are Requesting From Us At ACOC Site.

First Off I Have A 1977 Rear Kitchen Clipper 440Ci Motor. Have Changed My Power Control Center To A Newer Unit.

Just Wondering, Why You Would Put A Metal Scewdriver Into 110 Vac Panel

The Way These Power Center On Older Clippers Are 110 Vac To 12 Vdc, The 12Volt Is activated By A Relay That Comes In When You Add 110 Vac.

You May Need To Get A Meter & 12 Volt Tester From Your Auto Parts Store Or Napa Auto.

The Main Reason I Changed Mine Is The 12 Volt Power Would Sometime Not Connect The Contacts When Powered Up, On Shore Power 110 Vac.

Secondly, Disconnect All Power, Then Look To See What Damage You Did With Scewdriver, See If You Tripped Out The 30 Amp. Breaker In Control Center.

3.) Apply 110 Vac, With Meter Check Power set On AC 200 V Check Breaker Feed, If Okay Check 12 Vdc With Meter Or Test Light Set Meter To 20 Volt DC. If No 12VDC There Are 2 Realys Contacts  Make Then 12 Vdc Is There.

Hope This Helps, Please Use Caution Will Working With Electrics. :-[ :-[.
You May Have To Take To Shop.

If You Need More Info PM Me Your Contact Phone # Ill Try & Go Over Unit On Phone, Hard To Trouble
Shoot Without Being There.
What State Are You In.

Clipper Joe   

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

MariaGupt

No idea on the answer to your question, but have you looked at replacing the fuse in the ctek? Even the soldered ones usually arent that difficult. Replaced the odd one over the years in different things.