News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Fuse box

Started by Cearley, July 17, 2018, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cearley

Hello I?m a proud new owner of 1979 clipper! I got my new ride home and realized I had no tail lights or running lights. I found the fuse box in the glove box, and visually they all looked fine. Of course there was nothing that would identify each fuse. Is there another fuse box some where else? If you?ve experienced them same problem please help! Thank you all!

Toedtoes

That should be the right set of fuses for the chassis.  Mine is a 75 and it's under the steering wheel.

However, it may not be your fuses. It could be the wiring or a dead bulb.  The running lights are on several series and if one bulb dies, all the lights in the series stop working.  Or it could be a degraded light (rusted out) or a bad wire.

Start by replacing bulbs and see if that fixes it.  As you replace the bulbs, look at the connections for any bad ones.  Clean up if possible.  If you have several bad lights, you might want to replace with LED. Clipper Joe can give you some specs for them.

If the connections are good, then it's time to check the wiring.  Go slow.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754