News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Batteries draining while parked?

Started by Filmgalak, June 23, 2017, 01:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filmgalak

1977 American Clipper Dodge Chaise
Having to jump battery after sits for the night. New altenator. Replaced battery terminals. Nothing on inside the house that I can directly see. Any ideas?

Toedtoes

'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

rvguy101

how old is the battery ?, like Toedtoes says,. i have a switch on my, to keep them from draining,. but u did, say u put a New altenator. on it,. so battery will be my guess,. o'reilly can test it for u, for notthing. & there batterys, are ok.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.

Toedtoes

Another question:  Is it your engine battery that needs jumpstarting?  Or the house battery that needs charging?

If the engine battery, then you might have a parasitic draw on it.  That would come from the cab or engine.  Things like lights, etc.  Also if you just put in a new alternator, it might not have gotten hooked up right.

If the house battery, then you should also check the converter/charger to make sure it's all working right.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754