News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Hello American Clipper owners

Started by Ok2pass, September 28, 2016, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok2pass

As we are approaching retirement age I have been looking for a small well built motor home that I can afford.  It was waiting for us just 40 miles away in Reno Nv.  We purchased a one owner rear bath with side couch that had been stored inside.  It has 80000 miles and the engine transmission were rebuilt 6000 miles ago.  The owner was super nice and worked with us to get it through Calif smog test.  We are getting ready for our first trip to the ocean in late Oct.  I have tested all system, the coach seats are being reupholstered and my grandson is helping me remove the original carpet, and install pergo flooring in the coach, with linoleum in the bath.  Going to replace the toilet for good measure.  Hope to see you all out and about.  I just ordered a vanity plate that says OK2PASS.  I will be taking my time to good times.

kats793

I know you are looking forward to the coast, but our fall rally is in San Andres the end of Oct..  You could meet a lot of clipper owners and get to see their rigs for what they have done.

Clipper Joe

Hello Ian,
Welcome To ACOC Forum.
Hope I Can Answer A Few Of Your Question Requests.

1.)Most Clippers, Use High Grade Fuel Injection Hose,
Size Is On Most Is 5/16" ID. But Later Models Sometimes Came With 3/8" ID.
2.)Does Your Clipper Use 2 EA. Power Steering Belts?Some Came With Single Pulley On PS Pump,
Dorman Sells Dual Pulley, From Early Ford Vans.
Then You Add Match Set Cooged Vee  Belts.
Adjust Tension Will Stop All Squel Under Load.

Hope This Helps,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Ok2pass

Well I guess that I should of checked back to this posting sooner.  I might have made the San Andres meet. Anyway I just went 1200 round trip Tahoe to Perris Ca for a long sprint car weekend.  Clipper ran great down 99 to 58 over the Tehachapi pass.  I had a hiccup in Riverside with a delayed throttle reasponce on the the freeway.  Might be bad gas?  Did not use any oil and temp was on the low end of the gauge.  The 12 volt fridge didn't work, but everything else did fine. I got 7.5 mpg at 60 mph. Seems low even for a 440 dodge.  Has anyone ever changed out the exhaust to a dual system.  Looks like it could be done but would it improve anything?  Oh yeh, I took me a day to figure out that someone had removed two hold downs from the dog house and that was why I was getting so hot.  I had to drive in flip flops and hold my foot at an odd angle to keep from cooking.  Fun stuff, but next trip I want slower B roads not freeways.

Horst

Get your speedo checked. Mine was off by 3 mph............60 was actually 63.
You will get better mpg at 55, and your drive train will be happier.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.