News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replacing CB radio - need wiring help

Started by pdxpfeifer, January 24, 2016, 01:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

Hi our CB was dead when we bought clipper.i finally looked at it and it's from 1986. I have a new bearcat to install-current wiring coming out of the clipper is three wires red, white, and black. New CB just has red and black wires - what do I do? Black and white wires link like they are joined in the same rubber casing, separate but together if that makes sense. Red is on its own casing.

My first combo caused some smoldering  :-[ so I figured I needed to ask.

Thanks in advance
Robyn
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Clipper Joe

Hi Robyn,

The Best Way To Install This Newer CB Radio, I Would Check, To See That You Have A Switched 12 Vdc So You Have Power When You Turn Key To On Or Acc. If You Hook To A 12 Wire Off Battery If You Leave CB On It May Run Cab Battery Down.
Use A Test Light Or 12 Volt Meter That Reads 12 Volts DC, Most The White Wire Is Ground Or Neutral ( - ), Red & Black  Are Positive ( + )

Make Sure That When You Add Any Device Always Use The Proper Size Fuse To Protect The Unit If It Ever Shorts Out.

Hope This Helps. If You Need Any More Info, Please PM Me With Your Contact Info & I Can Explain In More Depth If Needed To Walk You Through This.

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

pdxpfeifer

Hi Joe -
thanks for the info. I found that I had a white and red wire that were basically two hots, if I am explaining that right? A friend with old rigs came over and helped me chase the wires. So we just capped one of them since we didn't need two.
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799