News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New Pics of the interior of my Clipper

Started by kenmel, September 18, 2015, 07:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenmel

What the thread title says^^^^^^^ up there:
Ken and Melissa, 1978 821 FIT, rear kitchen. ACOC #3805

kenmel

kenmel

kenmel

kenmel

kenmel

kenmel

kenmel

...Next the outside  of my Clipper after I wash the dirty beast lol.( here is a sneak peek) Ken

Clipper Joe

Ken,
Nice Looking Clipper.
Does Both Sides Make Into Fold Out Beds?

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Clipper Joe

Hey Ken,
What Type & Model # Of Fridge?
I Like That Freezer Area Above.
Should Hold A lot Of Fish Huh?

Joe
ACOC#3749

kenmel

Thanks Joe, Yes It folds out both sides  into a king size, I will try to find the paperwork on the fridge and check the make and model tomorrow. Yeah it is pretty good sized lol, the upper shelf had to be moved up and the door trimmed but it looks good I think, doesn't work on propane but I have a generator so ...  8) lol. Ken

kenmel

Well I have a leak around that darn old TV antenna gotta get it pulled out and the hole sealed and have about half of the paneling under the windows on each side delaminating from water. So time for new window seals too  ;D I am going to try to use pressure and glue to relaminate it. I will have to make a few slits in the veneer but after the glue dries they shouldn't be noticeable it is only 2" wide,  luckily I caught it early. I may reseal my roof this winter if I get too bored.  ???

Clipper Joe

Hi Ken,
Sorry To Hear You Have Water Damage In Your Clipper. :-\
It Is A Easy Fix To Seal The Roof & Areas On Roof. Decor Self Leveling Sealant White Works Real Good.
I Just Went On-Top My Clipper To Do A Quick Check, All Is Great, I Also Lubed & Operated My Roof Antenna.

These Are A Few Areas To Check:
1.)  A/C Seal
2.) Fridge Exhaust Vent.
3.) Antenna Mounting Flange
4.) 14"x 14" Roof Vents 2 Ea.
5.) Escape Hatch 15"x 22"
6.) Ladder & Roof Guard Railing Mounting Brackets.
7.) Vent Pipes For Gray & Black Water Tanks Vent 2 Ea.

Note: I Would Also Check Aluminium Mounting Frame That Attaches Roof Fiberglass To Side Panels, I Have Used 100% Clear Silicone On Top Edge Of This Mounting Molding. Have Found Over Years Of Clipper Use, The Putty Sealant Tape That Was Used From Factory Has Broke Down & Will Let Water Leak Into Interior Areas Like Bathroom Rear Corner.

Good Luck,
Joe

ACOC#3749

kenmel

Every thing else is in good shape except that antenna and the tiny piece of paneling under the window. I am still going to get the window seals from the club just to have them and the antenna hole is going to be silicone and foam filled since it isn't used. The entire roof was resealed 2-3 years ago and looks like it is in excellent shape still saw no cracking anywhere luckily none of those other leaks you were talking about lol. I keep a pretty close eye on it. I also thought about the windows a little more and realized I have left them open during a few rainstorms here in the last month or so. because the seals look to be in good shape also. The antenna I noticed the area around the antenna itself had crumbled but the sealant around it was in great shape, so I think water is coming in there. Once it is pulled we will se if I am still getting a leak but I think that will get rid of it. I sat in it during a 2-3 hr storm last night with no leaking around the windows and less than5% moisture  via the moisture meter I used and stuck into the paneling, so I think I just need to remember to shut the durn windows lol.  I am also going to be getting a new rooftop a/c unit from a guy that has an new class a rv that was in a flood but nothing ever reached the inside after making measurements it should fit with no mods and is much more efficient than the one from 78 on my Clipper lol. He is letting me get it for 100 bucks complete and if it won't work he will give my money back but I have known him 15 years. Sometimes it is good to know the right people lol. Ken

bulldog 1995

what you may want to try is to "rebed" the windows. you remove the window with frames (there are a series of 1/4" screws around the inside trim). With the help of a strong friend gently remove from fiberglass shell. they used a putty to seal the frames to the coach and it breaks down. clean old off reseal with a quality sealant ( I used 3M's lifecaulk it's made for sealing aluminum window frames and deck fitting to fiberglass boats. last anywhere from 10-15yrs on a boat in salt water enviroment) retighten screws evenly in a zig-zag pattern top to bottom and side to side.

mine was having leak issues and I resealed the vents and windows as well as everything that stuck out of the shell with either lifecaulk (windows, vents and A/C) or 3M's 5200 (a adhesive sealant that will stay flexable but doesn't let go. use only on things you never want to remove!!!) been watertight ever since both products are easily available at any marine care shop
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles