News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper Specs

Started by Toedtoes, September 13, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Quote from: Mr. Garrison on February 16, 2015, 10:15:05 AM
I'm looking for information on tire size.
When I bought my Clipper, the previous owner put new 16" rims on the Clipper.  The tires on there are 215x85x16, and they rub BAD on the front fenders.
I had new shocks put on- but still rubbing-so it's got to be the wrong size tire.
Any suggestions on 16" rims?  I think the "85" needs to be "70" or "75".
Hello Mr.Garrison,
Most Clippers Came With 8:00/16.5 Tires, Back When New They Were Bias Tires.
Most Who Have Replaced Back In The Day With The New Style 8:00 Or 8:75 R/ 16.5 10 Ply Rated. Or 'E' Rating.
There Are A Few Makers Who At A High Cost, They Firestone Transforce & Les Schwab Has There Brands.
I Have A 1977 Dodge Rear Kitchen Clipper, I Have In Front Michelin 225R7516 LTX Ms2
I'm Going To Install 16" Same In Rear, Having A Hard Time Finding 16" Coin Style Rims, I Need 5 ea.
Where Are You Located At?
To Keep
From Rubbing On Front While Going Up & Down Large Humps, You Can Trim A Small Amount Of Sheet Metal In Side Wheel Wells. Mostly It Will Rub On Passenger Side. :(

I Have 2 Extra 16.5 Rims @ Home,

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Sfine

Ah ha! I just figured out how to post a photo!
Here is our little home improvement in the kitchen. New custom cutting boards, that we'll never cut on !!  It was a little barter with a woodworking friend, and a labor of love on his part I should add.
He fit them real tight so they don't rattle....we still had the originals, but they looked about 33 years old !
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Sfine

Ah ha! I just figured out how to post a photo!
Here is our little home improvement in the kitchen. New custom cutting boards, that we'll never cut on !!  It was a little barter with a woodworking friend, and a labor of love on his part I should add.
He fit them real tight so they don't rattle....we still had the originals, but they looked about 33 years old !
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,

That Turned Out Real Nice, Are You Going To Let Your Wife Cut On Them?
I Know You Can Sand Down Any Cut Marks, Years To Come You Have A Good Base.

Wanted To Take The Mini Clipper Trip Up North, With Toedtoes.
But Have To Do That Awlful Tax Thing This Weekend, So Maybe Next One In New Hogan, Up Your Way.
Also Missed My Buddy Is @ Pardee Res. Next Week. Fish Are Really Biting Now.🎣 🎣

The Photo Turned Out Real Clear.
How About Snapping A Few Of Rear Repair?

Take Care,
Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher