News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Cab & Strips Paint One Year Later After Re-Paint

Started by Clipper Joe, June 04, 2014, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All Fellow Clipper Owners,

This Is A Update, Have Been E-Mailing Panel Pete, "He Asked The Condition Of The Budget Paint Job, 1 Year Later".

I Will Post A Photo, There Is A Thread That I Posted Last Year W/Photos.

This Is Done With Spray Paint In Cans, Stripping Tape & A Lot Of Time, To Get Lines Even, The Cost To Have It Done By A Shop Would Be Several Hundred Dollars, That Could Be Used For Other Clipper Items IE; New Fridge, Air Bags Or Tires If You Know What I Mean. :D

Most Of The Clipper Owners, @ The Rally In May Were Able To See It.

Care & Maintenance, After A Few Months: 1.) I Rubbed It Down With Paste Polishing Compound, 2.) Then I Just Used A Clay Bar That Is Used By Detail Shops, You Can Get This @ O'Reilly  Auto, Or AutoZone & Most Other Auto Supply Stores. Then Each Month Or So I Wash It & Wax It With Mothers Carnauba Paste Wax, Make Sure You Apply With A Soft Cloth & I Use Micro Cloths To Buff Off.

If You Have Any Question Or New Ideas That You Have Done, Feel Free To Reply.  :)

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Panel Pete

Joe,

Thanks for posting the follow up online, Wilson looks great! I went out today to pick up the material you listed and came up short on the Rust-oleum canvas white #7789, the local big box stores don't stock it in there inventory. You mentioned that you were able to purchase it at Dale's hardware in Fremont, was it readily available in stock or was it a special order item?

Thanks again,
Pete   
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......

Clipper Joe

Hi Pete,
They Have It On The Shelf At Dales,
I Also Got The Yellow Frog Tape, 3/4" & 2"
You May Want To Get A Few Scoff Pads & 12" Small Roll Brown Paper To Mask Areas, Like Bumpers & Windows Etc.
I Went To The Paint Shop On Next Street Down From Dales To Get The 1/4" Stripping Tape, But If You Put Frog Tape Down Tight, Should Work Okay.Make Sure To Have A Sharp Razor Knife Also.
Take Some Photos Before & After, Watch The Windy Days.

Good Luck It Is A Little Work> The Reward After Is Worth It..

Feel Free To PM Me If You Have Any Questions?

Joe
ACOC# 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher