News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Started by Tequache, December 21, 2013, 10:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tequache

Hi all
Will try this again. and thanks Toedtoes for directing on how and where to post :).The better half and I picked up a clipper about a month ago, she is a 821f or fc Dodge 440-1 rear kitchen. Has 151.000 on it but according to some paper work the engine was rebuilt at 129,000. She is in rough shape since the last owner didn't take good care of the old gal It looks like it could have been a fc the couch are has been change so don't really know. Got her for 1500 and have put new tires and new brake assembly's on the front that's about 1900 had to stop at that. will take a lot more I am afraid, might need a new fridge its to cold here now to really check it out.
    I am looking forward to the discussions and friendship that I have seen on the forums. Most likely become a national member in the near future. The first owner was a Mr. Numbers and the member number on the clipper is 162. later on she was owned by the Shelton's. all according to paper work that came with the clipper. Oh we did name her Its Daisy. Jabbered long enough will end this maybe we will see you on the road some time.
76 440 Dodge 821f RK  ACOC# 3774

Clipper Joe

Hello New Clipper Owner & Welcome,

Hope You Are Or Have Joined Our Great Clipper Club, There Are Vast Amount Of Info & Help From Other Member, Great Bunch Of People.

You Said You Have A Dodge Clipper What Year Is It? What State Do You Live In?
  We Own A 1977 Dodge 440, Rear Kitchen, We Live In No. Calif. I Have Almost Had To Redo Almost everything, Just Like You Said, Owners Before Me, Just Drove It & Did Not Repair Much, It Is All Done, Just Have To Update Maintenance & Have Great Trips, Since I Have Been Semi Retired.. These Are Great RV's A Head Of The Time In 1973-1980  There Are A lot Still On The Road Today. Mr. Perch Did  Great Job On Our Toys..
We Will Chat On Another Time, Can Give You Info On Fridge Job, I Just Install New One, You Have To Modify Cabinet A little...
It Great To Here You Named Her Daisy, Mine Is Called Wilson.

Good Luck & Feel Fee To Ask All The Questions, & I Know You Will Get A lot Of Help On This Web Site & Remember Join National ACOC, Info On Web Site.

We Have A New Web Master, Toedtoes  She Has Been Great On Keeping This Dream Alive...... ;D ;D

Will Close For Now & Again Welcome Happy Trails,

Joe & Denise
ACOC# 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Tequache

Hey Clipper Joe, thanks for the reply. Daisy is a 1976-440-1 rear kitchen. we use to live in Shasta Lake Ca. but moved here to Grand Junction C0. been here 8 yrs now. looking forward to the discussion, I wont be much help to anyone since I know nothing about the Clippers. Used to pull a 5th wheel all over northern Ca from Sac. and up plus Oregon back then I did a lot of cowboy action shooting so did a lot of traveling from March thru Oct. I have been medically retired since  96 have a lot of time on hands but not a lot of strength to do big jobs. but do what I can .Also income is same so it will take me time to do the needed repairs.

Thanks for stopping in
Ed & Nancy Duke

Toedtoes

Hi Tequache!

Don't worry about not being as hands on as some of the others.  We all have our own comfort level with the "do it yourself" jobs.  You'll find there are areas that you do have lots of knowledge that will be of assistance.  It sounds like you are familiar and comfortable being out on the road - perhaps you can share some stories of your past trips or some campground recommendations.

My clipper's first camping trip was at Hirz Bay at Lake Shasta.  ;D  Still had a couple issues to work out, so no fridge or running water on that trip, and the water level at the lake was at a major low (boat ramps closed), but it was a good weekend.

Don't forget, if you join the National Club, you get access to the technical section here at the forums, as well as the ability to purchase parts directly through the club.  I know there is a member in Utah and there may be a couple more in the general area.  I'm hoping to get a listing of member screennames, clipper model and year, engine model, and location and make it available on this website so folks can get in contact with those close by or who have the same equipment - I think that will be of use, especially to those of you not located in California.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Tequache

Hi Toedtoes

Thanks for the info, Hirtz bay is on the McCloud arm of Shasta Lake nice area been up there many times . I lived about 3 miles from Shasta Dam from 1959 to 2005 then moved here in Colorado . Yes I did do a lot of traveling with my 5th wheel it didn't give me much grief. Replaced the Awning, Refer and Air con. over the yrs.I work for Suburban Propane as a serviceman so the propane problems were not that had for me.
  thanks for the update on the club, we will most likely join in Jan or Feb at the latest. will let you go for now.

Thanks again
Tequache